Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
(23-11-2013, 08:45 AM)Embolden Wrote: Much better Sam, more scoring units, don't forget to put the Liftawagon on the Skyshield for a 4+ Inv save and a 3+ or 4+ cover save depending on how Harry rules the Skyshield (IE is it a Fortification or classed a building, the rules don't specify, but I would play safe and go for a 4+).

Oh while I talk about the Liftawagon is it 40k approved forge world as it would be disallowed if not. If it is, lol that thing is CRAZY, just been reading up on it, lol if you roll a 1... for a 4+ and wow, I'm just glad my list doesn't have any vehicles...

The Deff Rollas are nasty, but lack AP which is a shame.

Red Paint Jobs will allow you to move upto 13" in the Movement phase only, flat out is 6" so a max of 19" movement (not too shabby, when you want to roll over stuff)

the liftawagon is in a forge world book so I thought it would be allowed, will have to send a mail to harry to see if its ok for me to use, I'm fairly certain I have to roll to hit with it in order to make it more balanced.

red paint job affect any movement I do so max 13" movement phase 7" shooting phase

edit: sent mail to harry asking about the lift wagon and a few other things will hopefully hear back from him by next week
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(23-11-2013, 06:32 PM)Cookie101 Wrote:
(23-11-2013, 08:45 AM)Embolden Wrote: Much better Sam, more scoring units, don't forget to put the Liftawagon on the Skyshield for a 4+ Inv save and a 3+ or 4+ cover save depending on how Harry rules the Skyshield (IE is it a Fortification or classed a building, the rules don't specify, but I would play safe and go for a 4+).

Oh while I talk about the Liftawagon is it 40k approved forge world as it would be disallowed if not. If it is, lol that thing is CRAZY, just been reading up on it, lol if you roll a 1... for a 4+ and wow, I'm just glad my list doesn't have any vehicles...

The Deff Rollas are nasty, but lack AP which is a shame.

Red Paint Jobs will allow you to move upto 13" in the Movement phase only, flat out is 6" so a max of 19" movement (not too shabby, when you want to roll over stuff)

the liftawagon is in a forge world book so I thought it would be allowed, will have to send a mail to harry to see if its ok for me to use, I'm fairly certain I have to roll to hit with it in order to make it more balanced.

red paint job affect any movement I do so max 13" movement phase 7" shooting phase

edit: sent mail to harry asking about the lift wagon and a few other things will hopefully hear back from him by next week

If you have the forgeworld book, it will have a 40k stamp somwhere on the page so it's 40k approved, if not, it won't be allowed, eitherway, just send Harry an email as he's the TO.

Red Paint job specifically says movement phase, so wouldn't boost turbo boost.

Yes the lifta is 40k approved. its in IAA2, i have the book here. if you need to official book i can lend it you Sam.

thankfully it only hits on a 4+ otherwise it would be truly horrific. nice list though Sam!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
This lifts wagon sounds nasty!! What does it do? Lol
(24-11-2013, 10:08 PM)Simian Wrote: Yes the lifta is 40k approved. its in IAA2, i have the book here. if you need to official book i can lend it you Sam.

thankfully it only hits on a 4+ otherwise it would be truly horrific. nice list though Sam!

I only have a PDF of imperial armour 8, so if I could borrow that book to try to take a scan of that page that would be great, if i cant scan it i can still take a picture!

(and dont ask why i'm replying to this at 2am in the morning, some nights i just cant sleep)

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
(24-11-2013, 10:08 PM)Simian Wrote: Yes the lifta is 40k approved. its in IAA2, i have the book here. if you need to official book i can lend it you Sam.

Can the liftawagon take Ammo Runts?? I think those of the Ork versions of a re-roll lol.

it can take grot riggers. dont know what they do...
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
So for BB5 I think I need some more ignore cover and or assault in the list, and although Zahndrekhs is nice, I can cut possibly cut some points there and take a generic overlord instead:

List 1: necrons + heldrake

Overlord - 2+ save, mss, war scythe 130
Vargard Obyron 160
Royal court - 2 despairteks (1 veil), stormtek, chronotek 155
15 warriors 195
5 warriors - NightScythe 165
10 immortals - tesla 170
5 warriors 65
Doomscythe 175
5 death marks - NightScythe 195
Annihilation barge 90
Annihilation barge 90
Csm allies:
Sorcerer 60
10 cultists 50
Heldrake - baleflamer 170
Total 1850

List 2 : pure necrons, extra wraiths

Overlord - 2+ save, mss, war scythe 130
Destroyer lord - 2+ save, mss, war scythe 165 ?
Royal court - 2 despairteks (1 veil), stormtek 115
15 warriors 195
5 warriors - NightScythe 165
10 immortals - tesla 170
10 warriors 130
Doomscythe 175
5 death marks - NightScythe 195
Annihilation barge 90
Annihilation barge 90
6 wraiths - 2 whip coils 230 ? I think
Total 1850 ish

Need to check a couple of points values as don't have codex with me. List 2 is pretty different, no Obyron so one of the necron units is a sitting duck but could put the overlord in there with his mss and war scythe, with the wraiths are on foot as well as a counter charge element.

Comments appreciated Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(25-11-2013, 07:02 AM)Embolden Wrote:

Can the liftawagon take Ammo Runts?? I think those of the Ork versions of a re-roll lol.

tanks cant take ammo runts and grot rigger fix broken treads results in the shooting phase on a 4+

List 1 looks tasty Chris! 2 night scythes and a helldrake would cause all sorts of problems! Although wraiths are nasty too although getting them into combat on a long board edge mission might be difficult! Both are good but id personally hate to play against list 1.....