Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpe scenarios for SDS
Steve, Sam - what do you reckon to coming up with some scenarios for SDS games based upon some of the Cromwell books?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
could always have Sharpe rescue some lady from the dastardly French?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
hmmm... with the small battles we could do the bridge scene when Simmerson loses the King's colours.

British:

Medium sized force mainly of line infantry, with rifles.

Objective: Blow the bridge and keep the colours, then get out of the battle.

French:

Starts off with tiny force but big cavalry force comes on.

Objective: Stop the British from blowing the bridge, prevent their escape, Or take their colours.

Or with big battles storming Badajoz.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

Most of Sharpes novels start pff with a big set piece battle, byt then have small skirmishes later. Was thinking you could start off with a big battle, using sharps practice rules, got an idea for blowing a bridge too, then depending on what happens to sharp, then have a secondary mission for Sharp, using SDS. So for instance, Sharpe might get injured, or captured in the big game, so the next game could be an escape, or a chase of some sort. So the outcome of the bigger battle would dictate the narrative for the smaller skirmish. It would be more of a narrative campaign, literally writing Sharpes story as we go.
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
That sounds really cool, if you are looking for a fourth player would be interested, love the sharpe novels and the history of the. peninsular campaign.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(27-10-2013, 08:32 AM)Noisysteve Wrote: It would be more of a narrative campaign, literally writing Sharpes story as we go.

I really like that idea.

(27-10-2013, 09:21 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: That sounds really cool, if you are looking for a fourth player would be interested, love the sharpe novels and the history of the. peninsular campaign.

Absolutely, more the merrier. I need to invest in the books as I've only seen the TV series.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Now got a full Irish regiment painted, just 4 more to go !!
Malifaux - Gremlins
getting Austrians built. The victrix models are good, actually, but the Landwehr have silly hats. (But not the line infantry, officers, colonels etc.) Nevertheless, in line they seem good. Don't see how they'd play a part in Sharpe though.
My armies!
28mm Ancients:Early Imperial Romans (Roman invasion of Britainnia and Germainia with segmented armour) Legio II Augusta along with Praetorian Guard
15mm ww2: British infantry company (ussaully, thought I got a company of tanks)
28mm Napleonics: Austrain- 1st Landwehr (Silly hats)

History lover

"They were the first Greeks, as far as I know, to charge at a run, and the first to dare look without flinching at Persian dress and the men who wore it; for until that day came, no Greek could even hear the word Persian without terror." -Herodotus

ok sam, I have a solution. In 1810, Napoleon marries an Austrian Princess, to help cement Frances relationship with Austria and to keep them out of the war. The Austrian General, Archduke Charles, wasn't happy, as he had waged war against the French 4 times, even besting them at Dresden. The remaining allies, Britain, Spain and Portugal, wanted Austria back in the fight, as this would open up a second front, and divert French forces from Spain. Ok , that's the history, now the what if?

So Charles sends a trusted Officer, plus his regiment to Portugal, to obtain intelligence on whether the English will stay in the fight, and to receive training for his men. This Officer just happened to have gone to school with Sir Arthur Wellesley. The British agree to this , so as to convince Charles to fight on, and to test the mettle of the Austrians, despite Sir Arthur seeing this as a major pain in the arse. So he offloads them to another pain, enter Richard Sharpe.
Malifaux - Gremlins