Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 12th November 2013
how does triumph and treachery work ie king of the hill battle or whoever kills the most in victory points or does it have its own winning condition and stipulation on army lists??

just really wanted to see how warhammer works in a 3/4 way Smile
think it would be a good idea to get a warhammer fantasy campaign next year at the club
(11-11-2013, 07:34 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: how does triumph and treachery work ie king of the hill battle or whoever kills the most in victory points or does it have its own winning condition and stipulation on army lists??

just really wanted to see how warhammer works in a 3/4 way Smile
think it would be a good idea to get a warhammer fantasy campaign next year at the club

It's based on victory points with additional points available for each of the 3 types of battle. You can also have mercenaries from any other army (100 points for every 500 in the main army - so at 1k you can also have 200pts mercs making it 1200pts total) with no restrictions other than there must be a character (I assume a unit champion would suffice). If you don't use these you start the game with additional victory points. You have to nominate an enemy during each phase of your turn and can only attack them in that phase. Then you have the treachery cards which can be used to make sneak attacks out of sequence / bribe a unit not to attack you / force a player to attack another opponent / gain additional victory points etc. you can also spend victory points to bribe another player (price and actions decided between players). Apart from that it's normal rules for army lists. Also if anyone has any objective markers we could need up to 6.
40k - Orks
(11-11-2013, 02:06 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Think I will have to buy some figures now.

You're more than welcome to borrow my figures any time Paul. Any particular faction that takes your fancy?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(11-11-2013, 07:18 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 06:40 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 05:04 PM)nothin_but_the_rain Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 02:06 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I'm still looking for a game this week. Rolleyes

Stu - have you got your SAGA with Si sorted yet? If not I am up for a game. Think I will have to buy some figures now.

Nothin-but-the-rain - I am very interested in trying the Warhammer Triumph & Treachery system, I feel a major quest and scenario campaign coming on in 2014 using these. Would 4-players be too much first off? Maybe reduce points to 750? Just a thought Big Grin

Yeah I would be up for 4 players. Should still be ok at 1000pts each. Campaign scenario would be good for next year as well

I would also have no qualms about an additional player. I realise you do not need me to give the approval, but thought I'd give it anyway!

Cool glad you are also happy Smile

Great stuff, thanks chaps, looking forward to it.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(11-11-2013, 09:15 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 02:06 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Think I will have to buy some figures now.

You're more than welcome to borrow my figures any time Paul. Any particular faction that takes your fancy?

Thanks Stu.

I havn't really decided yet. I noted Gaz's comment that the newer factions seem more powerful than the originals, so will probably go down that route. Also seeing the Named generals and their advantages in 5 point games looks interesting. I am tempted down some sort of Viking route, but don't know yet.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Hey guys, I had an awesome time last week and I'd love to come down tomorrow, unfortunately I forgot I'm going to see Amon Amarth in birmingham, however, I will be down next week, I had arranged to play WMH with etched oracle, could someone please pass on my apologies in case he doesn't read this thead? Thanks, and see you next week, I believe Ben and john should be down agin for dreadball tutorials/games! Have an awesome evening!
(12-11-2013, 12:42 AM)Smiles. Wrote: unfortunately I forgot I'm going to see Amon Amarth in birmingham

\m/ I saw Amon Amarth live a few years ago, they were awesome, you'll love it Big Grin
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Updated list of games arranged.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I am still looking for a game tonight. I have a 40k Army with me and a Blood Bowl Team (no pitch or dice).
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(11-11-2013, 06:45 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 04:54 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: 40k anyone? You gonna be playing tonight vince? Fancy seeing if your farsight bomb can dent Lysander? :p
Should be able to make it if still up for a game Nick?

Game on dude! Can u post to let me know uve read this? I know its a last min reply Smile 1850 or 1500?