Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Battlefield Birmingham Tournament Report (Including pics!)
Hey everyone,

Here is a quick run through of all my games, including opponents, lists and a brief summary of each game! There are even some pics at the end.

Firstly my list:
Farseer – Jetbike, Mantle
4x5 Dire Avengers in Serpents with TL Scatter Lasers and Holofields, 2 have Shuriken Cannons
1x5 Fire Dragons in Serpent with TL Scatter Laser and Holofields, 1 Shuriken Cannon
Fire Prism with Holofields
Night Spinner with Holofields

Game1: Dan Sackett (3rd place), Eldar/DEldar: Crusade and Dawn of War
Dans list:
2xFarseer on Jetbike, one with Shard and Spiritstone, other with spear.
4x3 Jetbikes
2x Wraithknights
Baron
5 Warriors
17 Khymera, 2 Razorwing Flocks and 5 Beastmasters
Dans list was a nasty one for me, a fast moving, tough to kill deathstar with 2 Knights following up! Then Dan rolled Fortune (re-roll saves), Invisibility (Stealth and Shrouded) in his first two rolls...
I played like an idiot to be fair, I took first turn, then my mind went firstblood would be good.... so shot into a Wraithknight and took 4 wounds off... second turn I didn’t scratch it as I failed to cast doom and he denied the witch on me when casting Misfortune. But it was all too late, the Deathstar and the Wraithknights were all over me and in turn6 I was tabled... not a good start!

Game2: Shamus Beardmore (37th place), Tau: Big Guns and Vanguard Strike
Shamus’s list:
Ethereal
2x12 Fire Warriors
10 Kroot
3 Battlesuits 2 with double plasma, 1 with double fusion, 6 shield drones
2 Riptides with FnP and Interceptor
2x6 Pathfinders
3 Broadsides with 6 Missile Drones
Aegis Defence Line
Shamus’s list looked pretty okay for me to deal with, it has 4 threats to my list, both Riptides and Broadsides and the Battlesuits once they land.
I played pretty well, going second, I lost firstblood as the Dragons serpent went down (High Yields have 36” range apparently... damn! I then took out both Pathfinder units to remove markerlight support, then targeted a fire Warrior unit, the Night Spinner sniping the Ethereal! Then I took most of the Warrior unit out. the Battlesuits landed and failed to scratch a tank, so I removed them, I had to worry about both Riptides next, but luckily 5 Fire Dragons decided they liked the idea of taking on a Riptide in combat... they did well, holding it for 4 rounds, even won combat twice lol, in the end that was enough as by turn4 I had removed one Riptide, the other was then removed turn5 and so where a couple of broadsides, the kroot came on did nothing, got shot away. I was able to stay largely out of Broadside range and capture 3 objectives for a 24pt win!

Game3: Jacek Stefaniak (29th), Marines (Ultra)/Guard: Scouring and Hammer and Anvil
Jaceks list:
Tigarias
Commander with Shield and Hammer
2x10 Marines with Missiles and Plasma in Rhinos
Storm Raven with Melta and Ass Cannon
2 separate double multimelta Landspeeders
Company Command with 4 Plasma in Chimera
Vet Squad with 3 Flamers
Vendetta
A balanced list, so I thought I could do well as with most balanced lists, it struggled by it’s nature to deal with mass tanks... but then I looked closer... I was in massive trouble... mass anti-tank, every unit can deal with a tank either in combat or at range...
I played this one pretty much perfectly, Jacek gave me turn1, it was night fight, so I set up as far forwards as possible, then rushed forwards turn1, then turn2 I took out... Both Rhinos, Tigarius, his 5 marine, the Chimera and a few marines from the other squad. Jacek then got both flyers on which did cause some damage, then I took out the Vendetta and the Company Command, then left 2 Marines in the large squad left. Turn3 the Storm Raven survived on 1 HP, it’s 5 marines were dead and the Commander had eaten a tank. Turn4,5 and 6, I took out the storm raven and Jacek commander went on the rampage making a 10” charge through cover and chased down 2 scoring units. But I had control of 2 other objectives for a very a max pt win.

Game4: Nick Counsell (10th) Marines (Crimson and Ultra); Emperors will with Relic and Vanguard Strike.
Tigarius
Lysander
10 Marines with Grav Gun and Combi-Grav
5 Marines with Meltagun
5 Marines with Meltagun (ultra)
2x Storm Ravens with Melta and Assault Cannons
4 Dev Centurions 2 with Lascannons,2 with Grav Cannons and 4 Missiles.

Nick rolled pretty much the perfect powers, re-rolls to hit, ignore cover and 4+ inv save on the Dev Centurions and got the perfect side for me, I only had a 12” squad plate/hill on my entire side... so I couldn’t even hide my fragile tanks, so going first would be vital! Nick got first turn... at this stage I knew this would be a game of my fighting tooth a nail for every little scrap of pts I could get.
Nick got first blood from the first shot of the game as a 2 lascannons and 3 missiles wrecked the fire prism. My first turn I took 2 wounds of Lysander, took out a Centurion and wounded a second. Nicks flyers came on and I lost 3 Wave Serpents. My turn I threw everything in to the Storm Ravens and did zero HPs, I don’t think I caused a single HP, the rest of the game was a matter of me hiding dire avenger squads behind a wrecked Wave Serpent then on turn 5 with just 5 models on the table 1 Avenger ran across to grab my home objective, while I had a chance of contesting the relic I didn’t want to be tabled, so played for the draw and luckily it did... 1 objective each.
I was extremely happy with the draw, Nick played pretty much the perfect game!

Game5: James McNoughton (11th) Eldar/Dark Eldar: Purge the Alien and Dawn of War
James was taking basically the same list as Dan from my first game, he even admitted he copied it, I would be facing: 2 Farseers, Baron in a beast pack containing 20 Khymeras, 2 Razorwing Flocks, 5 Beast Masters, 4x3 Jetbikes, 1x squad of Warriors, 2 War Walkers with Scatter/Star Cannons, Night Spinner and a Wraithknight.
Ugh, was my first thought, then he rolled fortune on his first Farseer and then rolled a few naff powers. The we got Night Fight and James took first turn.... this was another nightmarish scenario, as the Beast Pack was 6” from me from turn1, I had learnt a lot from game1, which after talking to Dan and doing the math, going first, no nightfight, open terrain, I should have removed the beast pack in 2 turns of shooting from my army... anyways back to this game... this beast pack was up and running it was game over basically unless I could thin it enough to limit multi-assaults... I didn’t do enough damage only removing 5 or so Kymeras and a couple of Beastmasters. Turn4 it was still close 4 all on KPs, but by turn6 it ended 5 or 6 – 10... I still got linebreaker and firstblood for 4 tournament pts.

Overall: I was happy to finish top half 26/54, but wasn’t happy with the list, my list doesn’t really work towards the top tables as I it cannot take out Wraithknights or fast assault armies. So back to the drawing board for that!

It was a fantastic event I’m already looking forward to the next one!

And finally here at the pics I took from the event:

My Army:
[Image: P1030148_zpsf0d29346.jpg]

The Hall: [Image: P1030159_zps0af417c8.jpg]

Game1:
[Image: P1030160_zpsfe9efb05.jpg]
[Image: P1030161_zps1351fab2.jpg]
[Image: P1030160_zpsfe9efb05.jpg]
[Image: P1030163_zps6138545a.jpg]

Lunch Day1:[Image: P1030164_zps2bd06f07.jpg]

Game2: [Image: P1030165_zps518df4a2.jpg][Image: P1030166_zpsd7c8fa8e.jpg] [Image: P1030167_zps22731817.jpg]

Game3: [Image: P1030168_zpsb76e8dc4.jpg][Image: P1030169_zps14326e21.jpg]

No more pics of my games... these where way to tense for distractions...

Onto best painted nominations...

Space Wolves:
[Image: P1030170_zpsda6affa1.jpg]
[Image: P1030171_zps548f2822.jpg]
[Image: P1030172_zps64a164f0.jpg]

Tau:
[Image: P1030173_zps54c8aefd.jpg]
[Image: P1030174_zpsd61f387e.jpg]
[Image: P1030175_zps630608e6.jpg]
[Image: P1030176_zpse1ce3c74.jpg]

Orks:
[Image: P1030177_zps792f632c.jpg]
[Image: P1030178_zpse78cf149.jpg]
[Image: P1030179_zps8154b584.jpg]

Necrons:
[Image: P1030180_zps72cc697a.jpg]
[Image: P1030181_zps2c0790b0.jpg]
[Image: P1030182_zps608fdf23.jpg]
[Image: P1030183_zps685a359f.jpg]
[Image: P1030184_zpsa7af59f7.jpg]

And finallyyyy

Guard:
[Image: P1030185_zpsbf1db414.jpg]
[Image: P1030186_zpsbe7bd309.jpg]
[Image: P1030187_zps61a533aa.jpg]
[Image: P1030188_zps56b1f0eb.jpg]

Great stuff Rob! OK if I bung some photos on the Facebook page?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Fire away mate Big Grin

Nice run down Rob! Good to see some pics.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers Chris!

Would be great if everyone could do the same :p, i enjoy tournament reports.