Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham V - Fantasy tournament
Ok Andy. When I bought the army, I was only allowed 1 Pheonix. The rules pack we were playing too changed. Secondly the way the army was designed, I needed to get as much magic off as possible. The fact that in all three of my games day one, he miscast within my first three spells, and lost 3/3/2 wizard levels, but more important the spells, made it hard to get the lore attribute that I required. Games 4 and 5 after Alan pointed out I am at +1 to cast High Magic, therefore meaning, I am spent the day throwing one less die, I got one miscast and that was triple 6, out of 4 dice (needing 14 on dice.) Given the lack of cannons in the field, a big dragon, would have been great, but I never looked too much at what other armies could take. Against the Lizards that you saw me face, my dice were abismal. Even so, until turn 5 if they at least rolled average, I was on for a 13-7 or 12-8. As it was for 12 turns of a game, I never got near what was statically likely, whilst my opponent was rolling above average (not much but the effect of making 3 parries out of ten, take their toll, when your doing as bad as mine.)

Today I got a 15-5 loss, and a massive 20-0 win last game. As the event went on, I remembered more that I could do. A huge part of my issue, was not just lack of familiarity with the list, but the army on the whole. If I was to take, this army again, I would alter it a fraction, BoTWD for the dispel scroll, being the first change.

Anyway today's games.

Rd 4 5-15 against Lizards. One I deployed poorly in reflection, brought on by my opponent having scouts, which I stopped him getting behind my lines. However the 6 units of skinks, took out all my chaff, so I had to push the bus, to at least get a draw. However a turn 1 miscast took out my unit champ, and 4 other knights, which meant when it hit him, it took too long to break through his unit. Just the extra few attacks, would have seen me get into his Temple Guard, and with the Pheonix supporting, I would most likely have got them and the Slann.

Rd 5 20-0 against Vampires. Unsure what really to do, I got a charge in with the bus on a Terrorgist. That didn't event last long enough for my non Characters to strike, and without its scream, my opponent didn't want to take on my Dragon Princes. Over the game, I lost the Pheonix, who took out a heavily wounded Vampire lord, the turn it succumbed to the last of of a 30 ghoul unit. But early on, by pure luck I killed the right piece, at the right time.

However I came away with the wooden spoon. Mainly because the 4 people worse than me, disappeared, and I was the lowest remaining, still there. 58/62, poor but I much preferred playing HE than Lizards. I want a WoC army, as I think it's more my style, but I am not changing yet.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battlefield Birmingham V - Fantasy tournament - by Gareth - 16-02-2014, 10:20 PM