Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham V - Fantasy tournament
Just before midnight, and base of wood is done. Might highlight tomorrow, if I get time, but for now, all of the models have the required paint on, apart from the banners/shields/harps. Bases tomorrow, becomes essential. Nearly there folks.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
epic effort there Gareth!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Ok I started work on the army at 3pm. It's now just gone 3am, and I am done. Well still the harps to finish, but that's literally a case of three colours and glue. I am shattered.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Good luck today Gaz and Alan
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ok, how have things gone.

Game one, Terrain and scenario messed me over massively. However my opponent played better than me by a very large degree and deserved to table me.

Game two. The worst dice rolling possible. 8 to charge on 3 dice score 4. 18 dice to hit on 4s get 13 ones and twos (no threes,) pick up hits, wound on threes, get 1,1,1,2,3. Leadership 10 test with reroll, 11 then 12. Three bolt throwers, not one hit their target, in three rounds of shooting. Six 4+ wards fail six. Even still I was in game until quite late, but then my persistently bad dice, gave in and I got humiliated. I wouldn't want to blame dice, but this was a game were it went bad every time, and not once did I get anyway near the middling 25%-75% if median result.

Game three. Ok this was interesting. My dice were poor, but that wasn't the reason I lost. I did lots of damage to bits, but never finished anything off. I didn't have what I needed to get much from the game, but one event changed it, from a 12-8 or 13-7 to an inevitable 20-0.

As it stands I dead last with 0/60. Army list is wrong for me, and I need to get used to high Elves. However I have now played with them 4 times in over 20 years, and that's three more than 10am.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
doing fairly well
game one vs chaos i shot glarung the special chaos dragon with mass bow fire shots but due to poor positing of the sowrdmaster unit guarding the rear of my death star i got flank and killed

game two vs lizard men because of slann he often had more dispel over my power yet due to banner of avelorn was able to cast 3 spells a turn whereas i think without it i may be able to get 1 if i was lucky otherwise my deathstar stomp 25 suarus and 8 kroxigors and his mage hunting scar vet trip up on some trees so a win (i also broke his army a turn before mine broke so got an extra 500 vp due to mission played)

game three soo funny so his chaos list i thought i was in deep trouble until he informed me he only had a level 1 mage...
turn 3 he charge into 25 sowrdmaster plus 3 characters (1mage) 4 juggernaughts 2 chariots 1 cheirmera 1 chaos lord on disc 1 banner bearer on mount throg the last troll and 9 trolls into them i had some magic protection weapon skill 10 initiative 10 -1 to hit me so i had streadfast but only 16 models left but it was my was next turn that magic phase that did for me with weapon skill 10 initiative 10 -1 toughness 7 extra attacks and +4 ward save normal attacks +2 ward save vs magical also arielle heric killing blow a chariot that i beat him by combate score 19 lol he ran with everything (banners instant dieing wipe out jugs and his bsb) overran the trolls effectivly tabling him turn 3
Gareth: I think that cavalry army You played was missing flyers providing some combat power. One phoenix is not enough in my opinion and lord on dragon would perform alot better than 4 level mage in such army.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
Ok Andy. When I bought the army, I was only allowed 1 Pheonix. The rules pack we were playing too changed. Secondly the way the army was designed, I needed to get as much magic off as possible. The fact that in all three of my games day one, he miscast within my first three spells, and lost 3/3/2 wizard levels, but more important the spells, made it hard to get the lore attribute that I required. Games 4 and 5 after Alan pointed out I am at +1 to cast High Magic, therefore meaning, I am spent the day throwing one less die, I got one miscast and that was triple 6, out of 4 dice (needing 14 on dice.) Given the lack of cannons in the field, a big dragon, would have been great, but I never looked too much at what other armies could take. Against the Lizards that you saw me face, my dice were abismal. Even so, until turn 5 if they at least rolled average, I was on for a 13-7 or 12-8. As it was for 12 turns of a game, I never got near what was statically likely, whilst my opponent was rolling above average (not much but the effect of making 3 parries out of ten, take their toll, when your doing as bad as mine.)

Today I got a 15-5 loss, and a massive 20-0 win last game. As the event went on, I remembered more that I could do. A huge part of my issue, was not just lack of familiarity with the list, but the army on the whole. If I was to take, this army again, I would alter it a fraction, BoTWD for the dispel scroll, being the first change.

Anyway today's games.

Rd 4 5-15 against Lizards. One I deployed poorly in reflection, brought on by my opponent having scouts, which I stopped him getting behind my lines. However the 6 units of skinks, took out all my chaff, so I had to push the bus, to at least get a draw. However a turn 1 miscast took out my unit champ, and 4 other knights, which meant when it hit him, it took too long to break through his unit. Just the extra few attacks, would have seen me get into his Temple Guard, and with the Pheonix supporting, I would most likely have got them and the Slann.

Rd 5 20-0 against Vampires. Unsure what really to do, I got a charge in with the bus on a Terrorgist. That didn't event last long enough for my non Characters to strike, and without its scream, my opponent didn't want to take on my Dragon Princes. Over the game, I lost the Pheonix, who took out a heavily wounded Vampire lord, the turn it succumbed to the last of of a 30 ghoul unit. But early on, by pure luck I killed the right piece, at the right time.

However I came away with the wooden spoon. Mainly because the 4 people worse than me, disappeared, and I was the lowest remaining, still there. 58/62, poor but I much preferred playing HE than Lizards. I want a WoC army, as I think it's more my style, but I am not changing yet.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I just cant imagine HE 2500 force without lord on dragon but like i said its my personal preference. Chariots are good option too. Use Reavers as a bait, flee and counter with chariot+phoenix combination. Anyway im glad i came to watch games on saturday. It gave me that strongly needed motivation to do something with my own army.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0