Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2014 - Sunday 26th January
Good Afternoon Hobby Fans! I hope everything is groovy and you all had a great chrimbo and new year! One word....MiniCon.
The Facebook page has started up now. I have reserved you guys two tables for demo games and it will be great to see you all.
Any news on what you dudes are going to demo? I am putting the final participants / contributors over the next couple of days. As for the painting competition this year, the announcement will be over the next day or so but as it is you guys the theme will be.....'It's not all war......' A standard troop from any system at rest / taking a well earned 5 minute break! Base to be no bigger than a 40mm. Catch you guys later.
Massive Shabbas.
Chris
If Paul is happy to run with the 500pt WFB skirmish stuff (with some help?) then Luke is happy to help me run some Song of Blades and Heroes demo games alongside. We'd organise some of our Reaper bones minis into warbands, and perhaps borrow the GF9 gothic scenery from the club.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(08-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Stuart Wrote: If Paul is happy to run with the 500pt WFB skirmish stuff (with some help?) then Luke is happy to help me run some Song of Blades and Heroes demo games alongside. We'd organise some of our Reaper bones minis into warbands, and perhaps borrow the GF9 gothic scenery from the club.

Fine by me. Gaz Lizards?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Sure. What type of stuff do you want? I doubt I'll be in attendance, so I knock stuff together for you, but I don't know what your after.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'll drop Chris a line and let him know what we have planned.
(08-01-2014, 06:41 PM)Gareth Wrote: Sure. What type of stuff do you want? I doubt I'll be in attendance, so I knock stuff together for you, but I don't know what your after.

If you could do say 8 units of about 100 points each, varied stuff, including a spell caster as a unit, then players can choose 5 units to play with. Actual points will then be near enough...

I don't know the lizards so will have to borrow your codex too if that's OK. Oh! And your magic spell cards would be a boon... Smile

Does that make sense?
Ok I have knocked together the following.

1 - Mounted Scar-Vet (Hero) Cold One LA/Shield 110pts
2 - Skink Priest (Hero) lv2 100pts Beasts or Heavens lore
3 - 10 Skink Skirmishers 70pts
4 - 10 Saurus Warriors 110pts
5 - 3 Terradon Warriors 105pts
6 - 3 Kroxigor 150pts
7 - 1 Salamader 80pts
8 - 10 Skink Cohort w/ 1 Kroxigor 100pts
9 - 5 Cold One Knights 150pts
10 - 7 Chameleon Skinks w/ Champion 101pts

A few are over 100 points, but the ones at 150 are the minimum size allowable. Is that list of options ok?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-01-2014, 09:45 AM)Gareth Wrote: Ok I have knocked together the following.

1 - Mounted Scar-Vet (Hero) Cold One LA/Shield 110pts
2 - Skink Priest (Hero) lv2 100pts Beasts or Heavens lore
3 - 10 Skink Skirmishers 70pts
4 - 10 Saurus Warriors 110pts
5 - 3 Terradon Warriors 105pts
6 - 3 Kroxigor 150pts
7 - 1 Salamader 80pts
8 - 10 Skink Cohort w/ 1 Kroxigor 100pts
9 - 5 Cold One Knights 150pts
10 - 7 Chameleon Skinks w/ Champion 101pts

A few are over 100 points, but the ones at 150 are the minimum size allowable. Is that list of options ok?

Perfect Gaz thanks.
Anyone else planning on coming down to this event?
i would have loved to however we're moving house 5 days later and i think Becky would kill me if i did.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss