Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian 2014 40k Tournament
Just found results on Facebook, well done Nick! Very good placement.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Where did nick come? Edit...found it! Great result Nick!!

Gratz rob, awesome placing in top 20!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Soo, turned up day to relativly optimistic sitting in 4th place in the highlander league and 20th in the tournament only to find i was playing blood angels game 4 with some av13 flying battering ram that could pump out a s8 ap1 melta large blast as well as 4 str 6 ap - small blasts. Didnt really fancy my chances. However without boring you with a battle report which i will do tomorrow (maybe) i managed to get a 18-2 win which put me on table 9 for my final game. I was drawn against the team scotland vice captain who took necrons with tau allies which consisted of an overlord, 3 barges, 3 night scythes with warriors, buff commander, mini blob kf suits, a riptide and 3 broadsides maxed out with drones. Again without going into too much detail i managed to kill 2 barges, 2 suits and all the broadsides turn 1 in purge the alien (kill points). It was all up hill from there giving me another 18-2 win. After working out my points i knew i was in with a shout for winning the highlander league......... And did!!! Woop woop! Smile picked up a load of goodies, a cool trophy and a voucher for element games which i was well chuffed with. After the awards we had a chance to look at the final standings and i came 5th Smile. Considering the level of competition was sooo high i couldnt be happier and if my final game had gone an extra turn i would have came 2nd as a tabling was almost certain! Overall i did waaaaaaaaay better than i realisticly expected as well as enjoying my weekend so yeah..... Happy days Big Grin
Battle reports would be nice if you get time tomorrow Nick, I enjoy reading them. Read all of yours and Robs from the weekend that you have put up. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Ill do my best dude! I can never rememer as much detail as Rob but ill give it a go lol
How did Big Rob place by the way?

No idea on his second name and there a lot of Robs on there......
Blood bowl Skaven
Bravo chaps!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Wow well done Nick!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
sounds like you guys gave them a proper bashing!

well done on placing so high guys, congratulations all round!
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(19-01-2014, 10:39 PM)manrogue Wrote: How did Big Rob place by the way?

No idea on his second name and there a lot of Robs on there......

Robo finished a very respectable 48th!

For me, it's time to work on my BB list! :p