Poll: Club 40k FAQ
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
6 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club 40K FAQ Thread
I would say they cancel out, saves time.

Terrain I think 2 minutes to agree before the game is fine, don't see a need for ruling, problems only come when you haven't discussed it before the start of the game. If people want to rule then I don't have a problem with that either.

I've got a question about hit and run since i'veseen it played two different ways. Firstly do you have to move the full distance on the 3d6 roll and secondly can you move through the unit you were in combat against or do you have to go round them?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Not sure what your question is, but WFB had a ruling of the following.

Something that re-rolls hits vs something that re-rolls misses. RAW would be pick up dice and throw them, then pick them up and roll them again. However ruling was they cancel, and all the original dice results stand. If that helps that was the GW ruling on the situation (something Justin had vs ASF high I.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(22-09-2013, 11:04 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I would say they cancel out, saves time.

Terrain I think 2 minutes to agree before the game is fine, don't see a need for ruling, problems only come when you haven't discussed it before the start of the game. If people want to rule then I don't have a problem with that either.

I've got a question about hit and run since i'veseen it played two different ways. Firstly do you have to move the full distance on the 3d6 roll and secondly can you move through the unit you were in combat against or do you have to go round them?

As far as i can see you HAVE to move the 3d6 but in any direction (so through the opponent would be fine)
(22-09-2013, 11:22 AM)Gareth Wrote: Not sure what your question is, but WFB had a ruling of the following.

Something that re-rolls hits vs something that re-rolls misses. RAW would be pick up dice and throw them, then pick them up and roll them again. However ruling was they cancel, and all the original dice results stand. If that helps that was the GW ruling on the situation (something Justin had vs ASF high I.)

its no question actually.
pg38
you pick a direction and move 3d6 in that direction, it states that you ignore the units that they were locked in combat with. it has to be in a straight line and if you reach another enemy unit you stop 1 inch away.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(21-09-2013, 10:15 AM)sprogmcjob Wrote: its settles any debates take away any possibility of game nights turning sour as rules u thought work one end up being different

first house rule Vince is not allowed to take battle suits
second house rule big rob cnt take cheesy allies with necrons
medium rob can only take 2 wave serpents in a list
Big Grin

here here, oh wait.....
(22-09-2013, 11:04 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I've got a question about hit and run since i'veseen it played two different ways. Firstly do you have to move the full distance on the 3d6 roll and secondly can you move through the unit you were in combat against or do you have to go round them?

You pick a direction and move the full distance, moving the full distance rolled on the 3d6, only stopping if you come into contact with an enemy unit. Page38 of the BRB.

Righto, thanks!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
OK got another one:

In the scout rules, it says if you use the scout move you cannot charge on the first turn.

Now I have always taken this to mean I can't charge on turn 1 if I scout, whether I go first or second. However it occurred to me that this means player turn, not game turn (since it doesn't specifically state game turn ala the rules at the beginning of the 40k rulebook).

So....am I right in thinking if I go second and scout, my opponent has his turn 1, then on my turn 1 I can actually charge, cos it's no longer the first player turn?

Tell me it's true!!!
(30-09-2013, 12:18 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK got another one:

In the scout rules, it says if you use the scout move you cannot charge on the first turn.

Now I have always taken this to mean I can't charge on turn 1 if I scout, whether I go first or second. However it occurred to me that this means player turn, not game turn (since it doesn't specifically state game turn ala the rules at the beginning of the 40k rulebook).

So....am I right in thinking if I go second and scout, my opponent has his turn 1, then on my turn 1 I can actually charge, cos it's no longer the first player turn?

Tell me it's true!!!

This is how I play it. I had it happen to me in a tourney too.
Good to hear!