Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another year passes
With the last club meeting of 2013 yesterday I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continuing support over the last year.

A big thanks to Rob, Gaz, JJ (and others) who have organised and run events such as the 40K, Blood Bowl, BFG leagues and campaigns and the WFB mini-tournaments.

It's been great to welcome a good number of new members to the club this year, and thanks to Si for pointing many of those in our direction!

As ever if there are areas that you'd like to see the club explore, or things that we're not getting right, then please let us know. In this vein it would be great to have a club presence at more shows perhaps (as we did in 2012) and to consider running some external events ourselves. I'm also hopeful, even optimistic, that the issues that have plagued the availability of the forums over the last few weeks are now behind us, and it's function as our online social hub will be restored.

I look forward to throwing a large proportion of 1's against you next year, and wish you all a Happy Christmas and the most splendid of New Years.

See you in 2014
Stu
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
And major thanks to you Stu for founding the club and putting all the hours in behind the scenes...Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(18-12-2013, 03:50 PM)Agincourt Wrote: ...putting all the hours in behind the scenes...

...knackering the forum Blush
(18-12-2013, 04:10 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(18-12-2013, 03:50 PM)Agincourt Wrote: ...putting all the hours in behind the scenes...

...knackering the forum Blush

again many thanks for taking the time to get this club up and running and continuing to keep it running for all of us.

also thanks to many and all who helped to make the club what it is today and looking forward to 2014 with you all.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Just want to second what everones already said! Since joining the club i have taken wargaming from a potential way of killing time at home to a hobby that i REALLY enjoy!! If it wasnt for the guys at the club (especially the tournament 40k players) i might not be enjoying it anywhere near as much as i do now! So yeah all in all, Thankyou!
May it continue to go from strength to strength! Thanks Stu and the others involved in running the club, it's much appreciated. I look forward to Tuesdays every week and it's great to be a part of.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers to everyone and here's to another year of awesome gaming at RedWarSoc! Big Grin

And thanks from me too, Lots of 40k and necromunda has been played this year, some great games against great people. And im sure next year will be more of the same mixed in with some Malifaux and WFB.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you all from China and i'll be back in January.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yep cheers to all those that have run events, played games and made the club a fun place to be.

Though i vote for a new IT guy in the new year..... Tongue (jokes, cheers for the effort and commitment you put in to keep the forum bubbling Stu)
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(19-12-2013, 10:41 AM)manrogue Wrote: Though i vote for a new IT guy in the new year.....

Me too, the current one is rubbish. I'm accepting applications! Big Grin