Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air brush recommendations
Nice work!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Had a play last night at thinning GW paints to go through the airbrush, the first attempt with chaos black went really well.

So i did some undercoating on a Hammerhead to get a feel for it, and then did some weathering on my devilfish which also went well.

Feeling confident, i then attempted to thin some Midnight blue to get a base layer on my Hammerhead, which is where i encountered a couple of teething issues. I hadn't thinned the paint enough(or to much?) and it spluttered the paint through. D'oh!

Generally very happy with it and the set-up i got, i can see it being my go to tool for my big stuff. I may even start using it on the smaller stuff once i get a proper feel and a smaller needle.

Looking forward to playing again tonight and hopefully my Vallejo air will be here. If not i will blame Gaz. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Air brushes and compressors can be bit of a mine field really. At the moment a company called Iowatta (think that is the right spelling) has released a new Airbrush called the Neo. It costs about £50 allthough you can probably get it cheaper. This company is considered to be the Rolls Royce of Air brushes and comes with a 5 year warrenty. I shall be getting one myself soon for my military modeling but will also use it for Wagaming painting.
One of the main poblems for air brushes is moistuer in tha airsupply. A water trap between the brush and a commpressor is essental IMHO.
The other main problem is keeping your brush clean, check you tube there are some great sites out thee.