Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 season.
(15-09-2013, 03:03 PM)Gareth Wrote: OK guys what do we think of player retirement. Post season, 2D6 + Improvements > 14 = Retiring player . Means no player on 1 improvement can retire, but 2 means a possibility, and obviously the more increases possibility. Roll being made at the end of every season, so its a one off roll, before 2014, and anyone changing sides doesn't have to worry at all.
Like that a lot, sounds good way of doing it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds good to me.

On another note, when is this season due to finish? Only 3.5 months left of 2013 with 4 games for most of us left plus the play offs and final. The season didn't start until march I think as well. If you want it to finish by 2014 I'm sure it's doable tho.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Do teams that have a player retire get a free replacement if you're setting the chance of them retiring being any player with two or more advances? Otherwise teams with a small number of players could suddenly end up crippled with one or two unlucky rolls.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Also can I suggest a club rule that we used to have at our old club ,"If you move let go of a model after moving it then the movements/actions made upto that point being fixed and can't be undone."
I think this would be good because I've had a few times when actions have been declared, models moved and dice about to be thrown but it all gets undone when I point out an assist or ability they hadn't spotted that tips the odds into my favour, by that point you should be committed to the action.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Ok I have been thinking about this for a few days.

Momentum in the 2013 season has ground down, and its not something I want to happen in 2014. So I am going to propose quite a drastic change to the season. Everyone is free to comment, but ideally I want things decided by the start of February.

1 - Coaches can play anybody they like any time, and in any order. Only exclusion no coach and team, may meet again, unless they have played at least THREE other coaches and teams in-between.
2 - Play-off games will be decided as follows. Depending on a teams position in the league, the top six teams are seeded 1-6. Seeds 3 and 6 Play, seeds 4 and 5 Play, with loser eliminated. Seed 1 then plays the lowest placed remaining seed, and seed 2 plays the other remaining seed, with the loser eliminated. Then the two remaining seeds meet in the championship game. (aka NFL Conference Post-season.)
3 - The leagues placing will be determined as follows. Wins count as 30 points, Draws 10 Points, Defeats 1 Point. You score an mean average of all points scored for games to rounded up to 1 decimal place (i.e 4 wins 2 draws 3 defeats is 103 points over 9 games. Mean average scored is 11.4 recurring which is 11.5.) Second tiebreaker is Touchdowns for, third tiebreaker is cumulative score differential, and final tiebreaker is games won.
4 - To be considered for a play-off seeding a coach and team MUST have played in 5 games over the course of the season.
5 - Main season to run from February 1st until October 31st 2014.

The benefits to running a less structured season are that players are more free to play as and when they can. People can join the club mid-way through the year and still get involved, and we do not suffer fixture backlog. My fears of people picking their opponents to play a weaker opponent early etc, have been removed after seeing the effect of inducements and star-players, so a team with a lower team value, isn't as hampered against a higher team value one, as much as I thought.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
That sounds just the job mate
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Sounds good to me. If season 1 isn't finished by the 1st of Feb, are we going to delay the start of season 2, run them concurrently or just not bother finishing season 1?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I would like to get it over and done with, but fitting in all the games is going to be a bit of a struggle. How about this, seeing as North and South are being won by Chris and Rob, the two playa one off game to decide victor of the season.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'm up for it if Rob is! I am free the 21st or 28th Jan if Rob can make it? Would be good to start season 2 with nothing else hanging around, gotta put my wood elf team together...
What do you mean I aint made the playoffs?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers