Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more Finecast after 2016
Spotted this on Dakka (where else? Tongue), so thought i would do my usual copy paste job-

Kroothawk
Made in de
[DCM]
Rumour Tracker on Knarloc -
Not sure if anyone can predict what will happen to GW after Tom Kirby is done with it, but here you are:

anonymous source on faeit212 wrote:GW wants to limit coming Finecast releases. In the future, there will be only Characters and re-casts in Resin released

No new Finecast releases after 2016

Sounds like a total suicidal idea, but could sound reasonable to GW management.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me Vince. Honestly what Finecast stuff has come out recently. The vast majority has been special characters from what I can recall. Plastic sculpting is far superior, is much easier to produce from a company stand point, once moulds/stamps have been produced. Only issue I have, is that the standard character choices being so dynamically posed can go together in one way, and usually have a piece of scenery attached, so there is little variety between duplicates.

But we have only seen re-casts and characters in resin since its introduction.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
The current rumour is that plan to go all plastic for units and forge world style resin for special characters.
Blood bowl Skaven
This rumour has popped up again-
Quote:Via BoLS:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/sh...st-is-Dead

Latest reports coming in from multiple sources:

Lots going on behind the scenes at GW - Look for a public announcement in Q2 of 2014 regarding Finecast:

-GW Proper gets out of Finecast entirely.
-Forgeworld will take control of all remaining Finecast character models.
-These character models will be the only non-plastics in GW's line until they are replaced.
-These character models will be moved over to plastic (and GW control) in time with plastic clampack resculpts.
-There are internal tests taking place to cast some existing Forgeworld resin kits in a new plastic material.

It looks like the resin material is on its way out, and GW is sprinting as fast as it can to replace any Finecast non character kits from their entire range - leaving them as a 100% plastic manufacturer.

If you look at the past few releases, you can see the pattern.

My next question is WHY?
Blood bowl Skaven