Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k League Feedback Thread
Exclamation 
Hey everyone,

I'm creating this thread for any feedback people have on the league, what they enjoyed, what they didn't, what you would want improved/tweaked for the next one!

I have a few ideas of my own...

I'm thinking:

reduce the pts level to 1500

smaller leagues, I would be looking for 4 groups of 4, play each player in your group once. Top 2 go through into a knock out round OR a single big league with a cup competition mixed it (would require playing 2 games per month while taking part in the cup)

minimum requirement of one game per month, but set fixtures, so players go in a set order to stop the situation that occurred in group2, myself and Nick had basically played and won all our games while people were still on one or two games, those players then lost a game and had basically zero chance of getting through, even though they had 4/5 league games still to play... I think that took a lot of the shine off the event for myself, I would love a close group.

army lists not set, I felt it too restricting... I'm thinking people start with a list and if they don't change from that original list for a game they get a bonus point, if you change the list, no bonus point, no limit on changes, but if you keep changing your list, you miss out on bonus points, which will add up.

am I missed anything? whats your thoughts?

I thinking of start a new league in September/October! So watch out of the sign up thread if you're interested!

All sounds good to me, like the bonus points idea.

Also like the playing once a month idea, allows those of us that play other systems more time between games.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(14-08-2013, 09:34 AM)manrogue Wrote: All sounds good to me, like the bonus points idea.

Also like the playing once a month idea, allows those of us that play other systems more time between games.

Certainly does, I think the difference in the amount of games people where playing was my biggest gripe of the League, no ones fault but mine really.

It is one of those ones you wouldn't think about to be fair, it is the first proper league run some teething problems are always expected.

I pushed for the limited list changes and ended up hating it as got stuck with a list i didn't like or want to play! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(14-08-2013, 09:34 AM)manrogue Wrote: All sounds good to me, like the bonus points idea.

I give big props to the all comers lists. This is the true test in a tourament to see if you cant deal with everything that can be thrown at you. Can your army deal with heavy mech AV14 and mass light transports, foot armies, monstrous creatures, flyers, high armour saves, claim objectives with strong troops etc, etc, Obviously it is a balancing act..

It is easy to tailor a list to beat an army than to balance an army list. I feel if we are allowed to change lists every round we will be able to tailor to our opponent. We will need a deadline to make changes by as seeing a oppants list before I decide what to bring gives a distint advantage.

So if you do have a bonus for sticking to a list make it a big one and at least consider sticking to a fixed army list for a few rounds rather than allow changes each time depending on who you meet.
(14-08-2013, 11:46 AM)GoNecrons Wrote:

I give big props to the all comers lists. This is the true test in a tourament to see if you cant deal with everything that can be thrown at you. Can your army deal with heavy mech AV14 and mass light transports, foot armies, monstrous creatures, flyers, high armour saves, claim objectives with strong troops etc, etc, Obviously it is a balancing act..

I totally agree mate, this is a league and I got a feeling people where stuck with lists they didn't want to use last time, I want this to be enjoyable for every one and if you make a mistake with your list, I don't want people just not playing as they don't enjoy it.

Quote: It is easy to tailor a list to beat an army than to balance an army list. I feel if we are allowed to change lists every round we will be able to tailor to our opponent. We will need a deadline to make changes by as seeing a oppants list before I decide what to bring gives a distint advantage.

Hmm, very true! What would be the best solution?

Quote:So if you do have a bonus for sticking to a list make it a big one and at least consider sticking to a fixed army list for a few rounds rather than allow changes each time depending on who you meet.

I think the heavy bonus for non list changes makes sense, then the pts for win/draw/loss will need to change I feel.

I think the lists changing depends on the league format as well... hmm some thinking to be done!

Right.. I've been thinking about the league and I feel 1 big league will be the best way to go, then at some point into the league I will run a cup comp. This way everyone gets to play each other and a true league winner can be crowned.

Scoring: 5 pts for a win, 3pts for a draw and 1pt for a loss.

Onto the army lists problem, everyone submits a list on/before Sunday (Midnight) before the league starts, you're then allowed 1 free swap at any point during the league, then if you want to change your list any other time, this will set you back 3 league pts (even if you go into minus points). I think this will encourage people to stick with lists more than a reward.

I like the idea of one big league, maybe running for 6 months or something. That way you can play anyone. Also I agree about list changes, 1 free swap sounds good.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Good solution Rob. I like it.
big league is good.
1-2 changes and 1500 sounds great. i may have some unpainted CSM/Daemons taking to the battlefield.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss