Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer Battlefields
This has kind of snuck under the radar, as I never noticed GW really pushing two of their iPad digital releases, under the guise of Warhammer Battlefields.

For £5 I picked up at the same time as my digital Army Book, out of the two, the Lustria version. The concept is that you and an opponent, play a series of linked games (usually three, possibly four,) with the victor in the final game, claiming overall victory. Both players pick before the game an instruction, which then gets cross referenced to determine the scenario played. Further players get to choose various stratagems which have impacts in the game. As a real plus, there is a campaign tracker included in the book/app.

On the whole it looks like a very interesting way to play WFB, and if it works out fun, i'll certainly look to picking up Border Wars, and any further campaigns in the future. Heres hoping they do the same for 40k, to give those guys variety, and also they release them on other platforms, allowing greater exposure.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I saw this on the games workshop site. They've hidden it pretty well for some reason. Looks like a good idea, would be interesting to see if it works well. Shame I don't own an Ipad :-(