Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob asking for some advice before my first meeting.
Hi guys I'm new here, I haven't been to a meeting yet I'm just getting back into 40k. I'm really looking forward to coming along and saying hi when work allows.

I've brought the new IA book and I'm trying to see if I can turn my 5 year old armoured company list into a legit 6th edition force.

From what I understand 6th edition is very objective based and armoured company's have very few good troops options. I know I could take 2-3 armoured fist squads in chimeras but I think allies may present a better and more fun option.

I'm considering a small allied detachment with some scoring troops, I know one of you plays a ravenwing army (chirs?) And I wondered if you though a 1400 ish pts armoured battle group with 450 ish of ravenwing biker allies would be a good for keeping up with tanks and scoring objectives?

Also would you guys be ok with me using a baneblade in non apocalypse games(with IA rules not apoc rules)? , not a problem if not ofc!! But never hurts to ask:p
Hi and welcome, always willing to help.
Sorry to be the one to inform you but thats not possible. Ravenwing are only scoring if Sammael or Azrael are in the primary detachment. you cant take them as Allies and still have them as scoring.

having said that, you would be able to do something like that with a generic Space Marine force revolving around bikes but it'll be best to wait till the new codex comes out next month.

RE:Baneblade, i never knew there were non-apoc rules for one, if there are well for me i say, bring it on.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Ah ok thank you for the tip off, so glad I asked before buying the dark angels codex!
I guess armoured fist squads it is!
And I may be wrong but I think imperial armour volume one 2nd edition has a toned down version of the baneblade that doesn't have the pie plate of doom template that the apoc one has, nut ill look into it.
I thought the Baneblade has always been Apocalypse only? I could be wrong but have never seen rules for normal 40k games in any of the IA books.

That being said, i wouldn't mind facing it occasionally as i believe it has now gone up in points in latest apoc rulebook and is not as frightening as it once was.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven