Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham IV
(05-10-2013, 10:12 PM)Gareth Wrote: Did you see the rd4 draw before you left? If not it's here.

Bring it ooooooon!! :p purge the alien anyone?
Game against Rob was................. A draw! Boooooooooo! Haha turn 5 id lost 11 marines and 1 centurion. Everything else was still going strong. Rob had two 2 man dire avengers left and his warlord. I had the relic (the mission was a combination of the relic and emperors will) his avengers had his objective and mine was clear (if id ran my marines instead of shooting i would have had mine, dumbass!!) so after killing all 7 tanks and all the infantry barring 4 one big mistake cost the the victory! Bit of an anti climax but it was a great game!!
Won my final game against a horrible Tau list! It was kill points so I had an advantage from the start by having less than half the points available. Ended up tabling him turn 5 after only losing a storm raven and 5 marines! After looking at the points table, if I'd done the right thing against Rob (running my marines) or if it'd gone to turn 6 I would have been top 2 (providing I still won my 2nd game).

If someone had said at the start I would have finished the weekend with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss I would have taken it so I'm really happy with my army and how I played for 90% of my games. As I said after the last event I'd recommend BB to anyone that plays 40k. All nice people, decent location and run very well!
One thing to add to game4... Could have charged my warlord into the unit holding relic and killed that unit off, giving me the win... But I played for a turn6 and try to get at least some points out the game...

Game5 a mirror match of army (not opponent) game1, played ituch better on kps it was 5-4 to my opponent turn4... Ended 10-5 and plus linebreaker.

Nick you finished 10th mate! Awesome job.

I thurrally enjoyed myself and already looking forward to the next event!

BigRob and I had an epic round 4 match which all came down to the last dice roll on turn 7 to see if I won or if it was a draw - needed an 8 or less to pass morale on a unit and rolled...an eight! So I scraped a win - great game.

Lost my last game getting comprehensively tabled by an Eldar player - In fact the third time I was tabled in the tournament! So I ended on 30th with 2 wins and 3 losses - a not too shabby 30th out of 54.

Nick was carrying the flag for Redwarsoc with his 10th place! Some of the lists there sounded nasty, don't think I faced the hardest ones by any means since I didn't get above table 12.

All nice opponents, well run, looking forward to the next one.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(06-10-2013, 05:40 PM)Embolden Wrote: One thing to add to game4... Could have charged my warlord into the unit holding relic and killed that unit off, giving me the win... But I played for a turn6 and try to get at least some points out the game...

Game5 a mirror match of army (not opponent) game1, played ituch better on kps it was 5-4 to my opponent turn4... Ended 10-5 and plus linebreaker.

Nick you finished 10th mate! Awesome job.

I thurrally enjoyed myself and already looking forward to the next event!

Yeah thats true, turn 5 was full of super tough decisions for both of us! After thinking about it i was relying way to much on turn 6 happening.

Well chuffed with 10th though Smile way above my expectations!
Congrats to Chris on most sporting!! Kept that one quiet :p although your modesty may be part of the reason you won!!

Well done dude Smile
(09-10-2013, 10:51 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Congrats to Chris on most sporting!! Kept that one quiet :p although your modesty may be part of the reason you won!!

Well done dude Smile

Ditto that, bravo Chris! Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks guys, yes I am officially good at losing!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yea, congrats Chris! Enjoy your free trip bbv!