Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H2H Fighting with Two Weapons
Vince, this is the bit about wielding two weapons in hand-to-hand combat that I picked up on last night. From page 22 of the Living Edition rulebook...

Quote:FIGHTING WITH TWO WEAPONS
If the model carries a weapon in each hand, such as
two pistols, two swords, or a pistol and a knife, then
the model rolls one extra dice to represent the extra
weapon.

This bonus only applies to fighters armed exclusively
with pistols and/or hand-to-hand combat weapons,

not to fighters who carry other basic, special or heavy
weapons. Carrying grenades does not prevent you
using an extra weapon as they are assumed to be
clipped to the model’s belt or stowed conveniently
out of the way. These different types of weapon are
discussed in detail in the Armoury section.

Does that match your understanding?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thats right, if you're carrying anything other than pistols, Close combat weapons or grenades you do not get an extra dice for having 2 close combat weapons.

2 swords and a lasgun? 1 dice
2 swords and a pistol? 2 dice
2 swords and grenades? 2 dice

in The Runners, only Holden qualifies for an extra dice due to the way he's equipped.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Cheers Ben, that's the way Paul and I interpreted it.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I've just been reading the rules and dwelt on this for a while myself.

Many models are armed with a normal weapon, plus a close combat weapon AND a pistol on the model. For example, my Redemptor Priest has a meltagun (in hand), a sword (in a scabbard) and a pistol (in a holster). I think that it makes sense for the rules above to apply as long as the "normal" weapon has ammo and continues to function, but if the main weapon runs out of ammo it follows that the user would either drop or sling the weapon and draw their pistol. From then on such model should count as having two close combat weapons regardless of physically having a normal weapon too.

Does that make sense?
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
In my opinion I think the rules are pretty clear and in the heat of battle it would be hard to securely fasten a weapon so that it does not impede you. Dropping it is more of an option but then I would say you automatically lose that weapon for good - it falls from a walkway and is lost in toxic sludge, or is lost amid a tangle of twisted metal.

When you arm your gang you must decide wether to sacrifice close combat ability for shooting power on a model by model basis. It's probably a balance issue,otherwise one model can become ridiculously powerful.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(30-07-2013, 07:36 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: In my opinion I think the rules are pretty clear and in the heat of battle it would be hard to securely fasten a weapon so that it does not impede you. Dropping it is more of an option but then I would say you automatically lose that weapon for good - it falls from a walkway and is lost in toxic sludge, or is lost amid a tangle of twisted metal.

When you arm your gang you must decide wether to sacrifice close combat ability for shooting power on a model by model basis. It's probably a balance issue,otherwise one model can become ridiculously powerful.

Okay, I've thought about this a bit more and I think the idea is that if you have a model armed with say a lasgun, a knife and an autopistol, the autopistol is there to be used as a ranged weapon in case the lasgun runs out of ammo - however because the model is still "carrying" the lasgun (slung over his back) he doesn't gain the extra attack in close combat for having the pistol and the knife.

Makes sense to me that way, otherwise there's no point giving a model a basic weapon and a pistol.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
Yeah pistols are good backup if you run out of ammo on the main gun. Also most pistols get a +2 modifier at close range, so are more likely to hit if you are close to the enemy than using a basic weapon.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari