Poll: Would you play this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Maby, if there were changes.
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Idea
I have had this idea knocking around for a while, it's kind of like the the "Trench warfare" mission in battle missions.

OK.
So first players agree who is attacking and whom is defending (ideally before gamenight). The gameboard should work as the standard game mat size (6x4?) and be played lengthways. Defender sets out the terrain as he sees fit (Home turf advantage).

Deployment zones: The defender sets up first anywhere within 12" of his short table edge (the defender should place walls/barracades/wall of martyrs from wide edge to wide edge to represent "the line"). The attacker the sets up within 18" of the opposite board edge.

Forces:
Both: No Named Special Characters (just for now, to see if the game works)

Defender:
1-3 HQ
3-6 Troops
0-2 Elite
0-2 Fast Attack
2-4 Heavy support

Attacker:
1-3 HQ
4-8 Troops
0-3 Elite
0-3 Fast Attack
0-2 Heavy support

Special Rules: Deep strike, scout, outflank, infiltrate, night fighting, Hold the Line!*, They Just Keep Coming!**, Charge!***, Fire On My Target****

* Hold the Line!
Units in the defenders Primary detachment in contact with "The Line" have the Stubborn special rule. If they are already Stubborn they are now Fearless. Units behind "the Line" gain a 4+ cover. As they have had time to prepare.

**They Just Keep Coming!
When Troop units from the Attackers Primary detachment are removed as casualties or leave from the defenders table edge (see victory conditions), then the unit enters ongoing reserves and when available, enters from the attackers board edge.

***Charge!
All units in the attackers primary detachment have the fleet special rule. If they already have fleet. They may assault after running.

****Fire On My Target!
Each turn the defender may attempt to call in friendly fire support. The Warlord must pass a leadership test. If he passes he has called in support (str 8, AP -, Ordinance1). That ALWAYS scatters the full amount (if a HIT is scored, use the small arrow in the circle). If however the result of the Ld test is a Double (pass or fail). The orders have become garbled somehow, and the Attacker may place the shot.

Victory conditions:
The defender receives 1VP for each enemy unit destroyed.

The attacker receives 2Vp's for each Troop unit that has left the board via the defenders board edge and 1VP for each unit in the defenders deployment zone.

So....That's what I have so far.
For the Angelic Horde!
Looks fun, sounds similar to a scenario that i wanted to use in one of Vince's campaigns, i do love the old meat grinder rules. Infinite troops FTW!