Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk Legacy?
Hello all,

I visited the club a few weeks back. but have been busy on Tuesday nights since. I am, however, now free and ready for my weekly fix.

I am still not sure about buying heavily into warhammer just yet, and I am looking for other ways to saite my desire for plastic soldiering. I came across Risk: Legacy (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105134/risk-legacy) a few days ago and, having played a lot of Risk in my time, I was fasincanted.

The premise is that you play 15 games of Risk over a period of time, each with an individual winner, and decisions you make in one game are permement and affect the other games in the series. In addition, there are 5 factions, and each faction has a slightly different rule variation on the original risk.

As an example, I watched a video where a player, holding australia, drew a card which allowed him to place a sticker on the game map, which gave a bonus to defense in that a terriorty. He considered placing it on Siam, but decided that making a player in Australia even harder to eject would not be benificial in future games, even if it helped him now. Once the card is used, it was ripped up, gone, never to be drawn in the game again. The concept fasincated me.

I would like to know if there are 4 other peoplto whom this also sounds like fun. I propose that, since the game has supposedly been shorted to allow a 5 player game to take place inside of 60-75 mins, we play two games a night over 7-8 nights. In order to allow other systems to be played, I expect not to play every week, perhaps every other week or once a month, depending on how long people would be willing to commit to.

In addition, since the game is a one-shot deal, and can not be reused, I would also want to split the cost of the game, about 43-44 pounds, depending on website, over the 5 of us. It seems 5 is the ideal number for this game.

I understand if this isn't your idea of fun and there is no intrest, but I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone did want to partake.

Have a google, see if the game seems like fun to you, and hopefully we will be able to get a group off the ground in the next few weeks.