Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 6th June 2011
Well Tom if they are happy to switch around, I will gladly take your Orcs on. Should be the TK but depending on how things go on this weekend, I may get enough Lizards built to field a force. 1500 okay or are you after a differing points value?
(03-06-2011, 01:27 PM)Gareth Wrote: Well Tom if they are happy to switch around, I will gladly take your Orcs on. Should be the TK but depending on how things go on this weekend, I may get enough Lizards built to field a force. 1500 okay or are you after a differing points value?
1500 is plenty and i would be delighted to play you. I have played orcs for along time and the only army i have a winning streak on is the HE's.

can't wait!

Got my 15pt Menite army ready for Monday:

Warcaster
Hierarch Severius - +6 warjack pts

Warjacks
Blessing of Vengeance - 7pts
Crusader - 6pts

Units
Leader and 4 grunts of Exemplar Bastions - 8pts

Can't wait for the big battle against the Khadorians.
(At least I think that we're fighting them!)
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Hi all, Sorry I have been very busy with work to reply sooner.

Most important thing for me is that Gareth gets a game this week.

I am learning about these high elves with every battle, win or lose it's about learning what was good and what was bad for next time. The DE are tough opponents for the HE, but nothing is invincible. And I never give up!

I like the idea of swapping armies, but I want another bash using some different tactics first.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Ok i will bring along my 1500 DE on the next meeting. We can pair up later on.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
hi guys, i am trying to get back into 40k and maybe some of the other games (flames of war looks interesting) after a 6 year absense of playing.
would it be okay if came along and watched a few battles to relearn the rules and asked a few questions?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(05-06-2011, 05:38 PM)manrogue Wrote: hi guys, i am trying to get back into 40k and maybe some of the other games (flames of war looks interesting) after a 6 year absense of playing.
would it be okay if came along and watched a few battles to relearn the rules and asked a few questions?

Hello, and welcome to the forum! You're more than welcome to come along any time you like - we're a friendly bunch (until we run out of biscuits and then things turn nasty) and there's no pressure to play until you're ready to dive in. What sort of forces do you have?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(05-06-2011, 05:42 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(05-06-2011, 05:38 PM)manrogue Wrote: hi guys, i am trying to get back into 40k and maybe some of the other games (flames of war looks interesting) after a 6 year absense of playing.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! You're more than welcome to come along any time you like - we're a friendly bunch (until we run out of biscuits and then things turn nasty) and there's no pressure to play until you're ready to dive in. What sort of forces do you have?
to be honest i need to have a look through the loft and find out which armies are still in good condition. I know i used to have space marine, tau, chaos and tyranid of reasonable sizes.
Will probably start back with a space marine army as they are usually a good all rounder from what i remember.
all going well i should be down tomorrow, maybe even bring down a army the week after if can muster one up!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven

*Sniff Sniff*

Do I smell some interest in historical gaming Big Grin

As you may have seen from my lonesome posts I'm sort of doing historical stuff on my own at the moment, building up both British and German late war FoW armies and there's also the possibility of ACW, ECW and AWI on the horizon which I'm looking forward to.

Once I have the ww2 stuff painted I'd be happy to get anyone involved.

Si
Tomif you do not mind me bringing models in various stages of assembly, some promoted Saurus warriors to the elite caste, (and some resin bases to represent some ultra-hidden Chameleon's,) I would like to try my hand at Lizardmen tonight. Let me know.