Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some list making here, need some ideas
so after have another good read of the chaos space marines codex and checking up the rules i didn't know, I've came up with this list, i'd like some feed back...

the stuff in brackets says what that upgrade does for the unit.

Chaos space marines 1850pts

chaos lord – mark of slaanesh, the murder sword, Sigil of corruption (4+ invul save), gift of mutation(free roll on boom chart, re-roll spawn and daemon prince) and a plasma pistol. Pts = 165

sorcerer – mark of slaanesh, mastery level 3, gift of mutation and aura of dark glory(5+ invul save). Pts = 150

3 mutilators with mark of nurgle (T5). Pts = 189

land raider (HS) with extra armour and a dirge caster (units within 6" cant over watch). Pts = 245

12 noise marines (troops)
all with sonic blasters (salvo 2/3 bolters with ignore cover), champion has power weapon, doom siren(str5 ap 3 flamer), unit has icon of excess (FNP!). Pts =307

hell drake with bale flamer. Pts = 170

hell drake with bale flamer. Pts = 170

hell drake. Pts = 170

10 chaos cultists with auto guns and heavy stubber. Pts = 65

10 chaos cultists with auto guns and heavy stubber. Pts = 65

10 chaos space marines with heavy bolter, champion with combi-bolter. Pts = 153

what you guys think feed back is wanted for this list please.

the basic idea is too hide the cultists off the table and bring them on in reserve, while the nose marines (with sorcerer) and chaos marines hunker down in cover and kill infantry, the lord and mutilators go in land raider and act as big fire magnet while rolling forward to unleash 4 crazed killers into enemy lines, the flyers do what flyers do (which is kill everything they fly over), the cultists come on late game and grab objectives/ be annoying for the opponent to deal with.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
If you want to go for a max list.... tripple helldrakes suggest you do :p try:

Daemon Prince - Sigil, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Tzeench, Brand
Daemon Prince - Sigil, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Khorne, Black Mace

10 Cultists
10 Cultists

Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer

Warboss - Mega Armour, Bigshoota, Bosspole

25 Boys - Nob, Bosspole, 2x Shootas

Dakkajet - Ace, extra shoota

Aegis Defence Line - Comms Relay

Basic plan is that the Prices fly up and cause havoc, while the Boys man the Comms relay until the flyers arrive, then move up field to capture objectives, as the planes flame and dakka things to death... then the Cultists come on and capture an objective on your side.

My take on a similar list. No psi powers which may cause an issue for your play style as I know you like them.

Daemon Prince of Khorne in Power Armour, Black Mace & Wings - 265pts

Troop - Chaos Cultists (10 models) - 50pts

Fast Attack - Helldrake (3 model) - 510pts

Heavy Support - Nurgle Obliterators VotLW (3 models) - 237pts

Fortification - Aegis Defence Lines with Comms Relay - 70pts

HQ (Allies) - Big Mek Power Klaw, Kustom Force Field & Bosspole - 115pts

Troop (Allies) - Ork Shoota Boyz (30 models) - 220pts
Boy Nob - Power Klaw & Bosspole

Fast Attack (Allies) - Dakkajet (1 model) - 110pts

Total Pts 1847
(29-05-2013, 08:00 PM)Embolden Wrote: If you want to go for a max list.... tripple helldrakes suggest you do :p try:

Daemon Prince - Sigil, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Tzeench, Brand
Daemon Prince - Sigil, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Khorne, Black Mace

10 Cultists
10 Cultists

Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer

Warboss - Mega Armour, Bigshoota, Bosspole

Basic plan is that the Prices fly up and cause havoc, while the Boys man the Comms relay until the flyers arrive, then move up field to capture objectives, as the planes flame and dakka things to death... then the Cultists come on and capture an objective on your side.

a few things with this list that are wrong:

daemon princes cant take Sigil of corruption, as that sits in special war gear, not chaos artifacts/rewards. also the warboss cant take a big shoota, he has a twin-linked shoota, I guess these are due to you not owning the codex's to look at.

also mega armored warboss without cybork body is asking for a str 10 shot to the head as he has no invulnerable save, though i'm guessing you want him to sit behind the wall with the boys, who i presume you mean to have 2 big shootas each.

with the 50 points saved from the sigils, i'd swap the krone deamon prince for a slaanesh deamon prince, swapping furious charge for rending and an additional 3" when i run as well as being 5 points cheaper

that another squad of cultists, drop the boss pole from the warboss give me the points for cybork body, so your modified list would be:

Daemon Prince - Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Tzeench, Brand of skalathrax
Daemon Prince - Power Armour, Wings, Mark of slaanesh, Black Mace

10 Cultists
10 Cultists
10 Cultists

Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - heades auto cannon (for some str 8 anti-armour/anti-flyer ranged shooting)

Warboss - Mega Armour and cybork body

25 Boys - Nob, Bosspole, 2x big Shootas
25 Boys - Nob, Bosspole, 2x bigShootas

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
(30-05-2013, 11:43 AM)GoNecrons Wrote: My take on a similar list. No psi powers which may cause an issue for your play style as I know you like them.

Daemon Prince of Khorne in Power Armour, Black Mace & Wings - 265pts

Fast Attack - Helldrake (3 model) - 510pts

Heavy Support - Nurgle Obliterators VotLW (3 models) - 237pts

Fortification - Aegis Defence Lines with Comms Relay - 70pts

HQ (Allies) - Big Mek Power Klaw, Kustom Force Field & Bosspole - 115pts

Fast Attack (Allies) - Dakkajet (1 model) - 110pts

Total Pts 1847

again daemon of khrone for daemon of slaanesh, one of the hell drake with heades autocannon for AT/AA.

i can see what the big mek is for, but he wont need the power claw, so i would take that off and get some big shootas in the boys, he also doesn't need his bosspole, so thats 3 big shootas paid for, along with fighter ace and an extra super-shoota for the dakka jet.

so it would be:
Daemon Prince of slaanesh in Power Armour, Black Mace & Wings - 265pts

10 Chaos Cultists
10 Chaos Cultists

Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - Baleflamer
Helldrake - heades auto cannon

3 Obliterators with mark of nugle and are verts of long war

Aegis Defence Lines with Comms Relay - 70pts

Big Mek with Kustom Force Field

30 Shoota Boyz Nob with Power Klaw & Bosspole

30 Shoota Boyz 3 big shootas and Nob with Power Klaw & Bosspole

Dakkajet with fighter ace and 3 super shootas

Total Pts 1847

i'll try both lists out in the future me thinks, but what do you guys think of my list that i wrote?

I like your list Sam, but I feel it lacks a bit of ap2, unless I'm missing something. I would drop the heavy stubbers on the cultists as they won't do much and the cultists should probably be cowering behind a wall somewhere while the big boys fight. I would drop the plasma pistol from the lord as well and use the points to give the chaos space marine squad some plasma weapons - plasma cannon (instead of heavy bolter) and some plasma/combi-plasma guns.

Otherwise it looks good and you obv. have a plan for how it would work - I'm just thinking it would struggle as is against Deathwing or a Paladin list. Maybe 3 heldrakes is overkill as well and points could be spent on a vindicator (takes some of the heat off the landraider) and/or more ap2 shooting like some havocs with lascannons - but i guess you have air saturation with the drakes and they will be great against anything with 3+ save or worse.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The second claw on the big mek is nice as the nob gets challenged and you have no big hitters left. I have had my nob challenged on more than one occasion to die to something swinging at a faster initiative step. I love GW for naming a character a nob so I can talk about it on forums :O). I see it as another chance of a precision claw IDing the characters hiding at the back the cowards.

Keep the bale flamers dude. They eat troops. I like where the list is going. Ever looked at a Khorne lord on Juggernaught? Still fast moving with more reliable charges. Put him with some spawn who can keep up with him and can benefit from the rage and counter attack (Do these stack?). Cheaper than a Prince and just as evil. I am looking at fitting one in with my Crons. All this looking at Chaos Marines has inspired me.

Looking at the Daemon weapon. On the random roll of a 1 you become WS1 but you still swing.
The worst it can get
7 attacks at WS1 hitting on 5's? wounding on 2's (VotLW could help vs marines) gives you 3-4 wounds on T4 targets
The best it can get
12 attacks for an average of 5 wounds on a T4

175 Chaos Lord Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut Mount, Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption, T5 3+4++ fast moving with more reliable charges (fleet)