Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aloha!
Hey guys,

Been speaking to my mate (CheZZoR/Terry) who has recently joined you and decided I might come down too and see what's going on.

My real name is Alan and I started playing 40K in 3rd Ed, back in about 1999 but stopped playing for a number of years. I've only recently returned to the hobby, and have been playing/painting for about 10 months now. I've been slowly building up my army since then, as I don't usually get much free time to devote to the hobby.

At the moment I've got about 1750-1800 points of Mech Imperial Guard, most of which is now painted. I've also got about 800 points of Dark Elves which is a project I've only recently started and I've got a reasonable chunk at least part painted. I'm a very occasional Warmahordes player too, but so far only have the Cygnar battlebox painted, so I could do with expanding that.

Hopefully I'll be able to come along to one of the meetings next week or the week after.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thanks
Hi Alan, and welcome.

There seem to be a few people finding their way back to the hobby, so you're in good company. Lots of 40K and Warmachine going on, so you'll have no trouble getting a game.

Hope to meet you soon.

Stuart
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hello Alan!

Welcome to the forums & the club! I'm Simon by the way, Chris's ex-slave labourer. I hope to see you at the club soon, along with Chris in tow (I've nagged him enough times now!)
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Welcome to the club mate Smile
(16-05-2013, 04:26 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Hello Alan!

Welcome to the forums & the club! I'm Simon by the way, Chris's ex-slave labourer. I hope to see you at the club soon, along with Chris in tow (I've nagged him enough times now!)

Simon! I'll do my best to bring Mr. Skinner too if I can. He did say he'd be interested in popping down but has a boatload of unassembled Necrons sitting in my garage still.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
(16-05-2013, 07:53 PM)Agent0range Wrote:
(16-05-2013, 04:26 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: Hello Alan!

Simon! I'll do my best to bring Mr. Skinner too if I can. He did say he'd be interested in popping down but has a boatload of unassembled Necrons sitting in my garage still.

There's plenty of us who play Fantasy as well if he's managed to assemble his High Elves yet, although I imagine they're probably in a similar state hah.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Welcome to the club. Lots of 40k going on you'll find
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hi and welcome Alan!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari