Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue
Can someone recommend me some decent glue? Having trouble finding some that works well, i have normally used the citadel stuff up until now, but i've started having problems with models falling apart, and i need a replacement.
Plastic glue? Humbrol Precision Poly Cement seems decent - very easy to apply small amounts to the right area using the thin metal nozzle.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
for super glue - Gorilla Glue is the only one you should use
for plastic glue - i really like the revell contacta professional. works brilliantly.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
kk thanks for sugestions, will give them a try
I normally use the EVERBUILD Industrial Grade Superglue (ebay link below), it seems to hold together my lead model no problem.

It is even holding a Penitent Engine together without pinning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Everbuild-Supe...27c09ad30b
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
I'd recommend the Revell Contacta Professional cement for plastics. I've used it for years, and it seems to bond much better (and quicker) than GW plastic glue.

As for superglue, I guess most are usually good but I quite like Loctite Super Glue which can be got easily from B&Q or Screfix. It's quite cheap too which is nice, and if you get the little tube with the brush applicator it's very neat to apply.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Thanks again for the suggestions guys, will see about getting some Revell and some new superglue this weekend
The top Super Glue for gamers has to be Loctite Super Glue - Power Flex. It's contains minute particles of rubber, to allow a degree of give, should a model be bashed a fraction. The only issue, is it is a gel, which I personally loathe. Personally I use a general super glue, that I picked up from Wickes. Three descent sized bottle, but most importantly it comes with an activator pen. Drop glue on one side, swipe the other with the activating agent, and your glue sets much much faster.

As for Polystyrene models I also prefer to use, the Revell Contacta, only issue I have is that the nozzle always clogs up. GW Poly cement when they used to have one version (now labeled thick,) is terrible, but their thin version I find is exactly the same as the Revell stuff. Also Poly Cement, isn't actually a glue, but rather a solvent, that reacts with Polystyrene. Hench why it does bugger all on the Restic models.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Loctite Super Glue. FOR EVERYTHING! lol..
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos