Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k League - Results Thread - FINALS UPDATED 14/8
Im ok with pride.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(19-06-2013, 08:19 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(19-06-2013, 08:13 AM)Simian Wrote:
(19-06-2013, 08:12 AM)Embolden Wrote: The results last night in group2 have sown up the top 2 spots with Nick taking second spot.

So i have nothing to play for but pride.

Yep 3rd is the best anyone can do now in group2

This is something I will be looking at when I run another league later on in the year, I think the groups have been too big, I'm thinking 3 or 4 groups of 4 so everyone has something to play for up until the last game with the top 2 from each group and depending on groups some best runners up. So should keep people interested, I'm not sure why group1 hasn't managed more games, so this will be something to look at as well, maybe pre arranged fixtures etc.

But I will be doing a feedback thread to move things forward Smile
I think a big issue with league 1 is that you have a few guys playing Blood bowl league games as well, which is also why i am behind in fixtures.
What might be worthwhile next time is to have regular 40k'ers and those that play other systems in different leagues. That would mean you could run through league games faster for the pure 40k'ers and maybe have a tournament in between?
Though as you mention, it can be discussed in detail properly in the feedback thread at the end. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Matt- I don't mind if you switch to Nids. Want a game on the 23rd July?

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Luke won primary and secondary in what was a close game, came down to 2 dice rolls in my opinion:

Luke making my vindicator unable to move.

my warlord hitting himself in the head with his daemon weapon.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Had a great game with Tom-bignecron, very close up until the end but the big turning point was me getting very lucky and slaying his daemon prince with my librarian.

The game was the 2 objective one, and I eventually won on Primary with one objective claimed and the other contested, and I also won secondary. Thanks for the game Tom!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
A very close game between myself and Vince, it was Purge the Alien with Hammer and Anvil deployment.

I ended up killing, 1 Fire Warrior Squad, Company Command squad, Manticore, 2x Veteran squads, with Linebreaker and Firstblood

Vince killed: Coteaz, Nightscythe, Immortals, Wraiths, Annihilation Barge, Warrior Acolytes with Linebreaker and Warlord.

Give Vince a close fought 8-7 win!

I made a massive error turn7 by playing Coteaz near the front of the Paladins while he epic failed 4 look out sirs against plasma... but never the less, well played Vince as my unbeaten run comes to an end!

Results table updated!

Group1
Chris takes a commanding lead at the top of group1 with his 4th win! Luke picks up his first win to give him an outside chance of getting second!

Group2
Vince picks up his first win at the expense of Rob, which is his first loss!

BigNecron and myself played today and had a very enjoyable game through to turn 7. A real duke out as predicted. I could not deal with his obliterators so employed the great tactic of letting them shoot me all game. lol.

I managed to hold both primary and secondary with a 10-1 on primary and 3-0 on secondary's. The game was a lot closer than the results look.

oh and I survived the black mace! that thing is horrible.
Thanks Rob for submitting the result! The league table has been updated! Smile

played toms chaos space marines today, to say this game was one-sided is being kind to tom. his dice rolls were terrible.

i got all secondary, had 2 out of 3 primary objectives when i tabled him on turn 4, the only unit he actually managed to completely kill off was the khrone berserkers, which is my fault for bad placement.

so only Matt to play now, i cant win, but i wont be last
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth