Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer Armies: Warriors of Chaos - Help!?
Most certainly yes. What lore are you running your Sorcerer on?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Cool. Undecided, the Sorcerer is there for defensive reasons only.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Played a game Sunday against Beastmen with this list: (what I had rather than planned)

Lord - Lord of Khorne (Sword of Strife) 265 pts
Hero - Battle Standard Bearer (Mark of Khorne, Rampagers Standard, Daemonic Mount) 253 pts
Core - 19 Warriors (Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Extra HW & Shields) 391 pts
Core - 20 Warriors (Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Extra HW & Shields) 410 pts
Core - 15 Marauders (Full Command, Light Armour & Shields) 150 pts
Core - 5 Warhounds 30 pts
Core - 5 Warhounds 30 pts
Special - 9 Chaos Knights (Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Ensorcelled W, War Banner) 470 pts

Total - 1,999 pts

I managed to table my opponent, mainly due to the fact he shot up my warhound charge blockers on my knights, led them to charge some ungor raiders, which they did (I forgot to Ld test to restrain!), they killed them and overran into a unit of gors behind them, they then charged me in their turn in the flank with another unit of ungors and in the rear with some flying monster? As it happened my knights killed it and a good number of the unit they overran into meaning I won on combat res. the two units both fled which led to two other units panic fleeing including the army general. From there it went downhill and I just mopped up. I lost my two units of warhound and the unit 19 WoC with the Lord in and a couple other men here and there.
Magic the Gathering

My advices for You: you need at least 1 chaos chariots and 1 or more units of hellstriders of Slaanesh. Your army is typical offensive army and should really use Your faster but lighter units to get rid of opponets cannon foder and dominate in movement phase. Dont expect to win many games with only frenziend infantry. You have got access to very fast units (horse marauders, hellstriders of Slanesh) and very fast mounts (disc of tzeentch). 2nd turn and at least half of Your army should be engaged in combat. Understood? Smile
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
I plan to only have Mark of Khorne troops or no mark. No magic and no other marks. If this army turns out to be unviable then I simply won't play.
Magic the Gathering

(02-05-2013, 09:08 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I plan to only have Mark of Khorne troops or no mark. No magic and no other marks. If this army turns out to be unviable then I simply won't play.

Horse marauders, chariots, Skullcrushers.
If You dont want to learn from people with higher experience and on Your own mistakes, why do play wargames?
Given your rather restrictive stipulations, I would start at 2k pts, trying the following

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne
Sword of Swift Slaying
Dragon helm
Dawnstone
The Other Trickster's Shard
Shield

Exalted Hero - Mark of Khorne
Shield of Discipline

30 Chaos Warriors - Mark of Khorne
Shields
Full Command (no AHW)

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen
Light Armour
Javelins
Musician

5 Maruder Horsemen
Light Armour
Javelins
Musician

Chaos Warshrine - Mark of Khorne

3 Chaos Trolls

3 Skullcrushers - Mark of Khorne

Hellcannon

Possible changes, switch out the Dawnstone for a Crown of Command
You at least have some shooting, and can throw 6 power dice at your innate bound spell (Warshrine,) hoping to double 6, without much fear.

However its nothing like what I would create, if you were not limiting your army to a Khornate one.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
4X chariot of Khorne 480 pts + chimera 245 pts Smile + some warriors + some horse marauders or whatever You want
Just as a quick note to the list Gaz has posted, I'd drop the Trolls for some Chosen. In the new book they are a unit to be feared. Take them in small numbers, between 6 and 10, and use them to wreak havoc on the board.

Also from what I've seen of Justin's in several battles, unless you really want it I wouldn't take the Warshrine. It just isn't as effective anymore for its point cost.

Speaking of, have another word with Justin as he's been playing a lot of games lately and may be able to give you some new pointers on forging a Khornate list.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Trolls eat through armour, chosen just hit hard. If people start switching onto Monsterous Cavalry, or Paul gets a steam tank, you need to be looking at S7 (-4 AS) or no armour save allowed, to be able to do damage, with any reliability.

As for the Shrine, it's far from great, but would give him a magic phase, even if its only throwing 6 dice for an IF. The shrine got worse, but only because people take a wizard. If your avoiding 'magic' being able to safely go for a double 6, with no drawbacks, on something that when it's cast is actually powerful, is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't touch it, but I would probably have a L4 Tzeentch Sorcerer on a Disc. JJ doesn't want a Mage, so it's a great option.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen