Poll: Tuesdays aren't enough to feed my habit, count me in for some weekend action.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Warhammer Fantasy
25.00%
4 25.00%
Warhammer 40K
56.25%
9 56.25%
Another game
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekender RedWarSoc Weekender II - Sunday 30th June 2013
I think the Fantasy lot are organising a mass game of Elves against everyone else. Not sure what the 40Kers are planning - there is talk of a 500pt tournament though.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Stu - if we have a 500pt tournament with say 5 games?? That will take about 5hours + breaks. So call it 6hrs to so we're not rushing? unless 3 games would be enough? and if there is time people can do othing things?

What do you people want?

How much ££ are we talking about for the day as well :p

We should be looking at £11.50 per hour for the main hall, so cost will be dependant on how long you chaps want the hall and how many people turn up. Basically ((hours * £11.50) / attendance) Smile

On the assumption we rent the hall for 6 hours and have 12 people turn up then it would be £5.75 (might as well round up to £6) each.
Okay cool, how long do the others want the hall for?

As there is a giant Warhammer game going on as well as other stuff?

I might set up a flames of war game me an sam would like a larger battle,other players are invited of course,maybe even a historical battle
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
(16-05-2013, 05:55 AM)Embolden Wrote: Okay cool, how long do the others want the hall for?

If you think you need 6 hours, I'm sure we can play with that in mind. The event me and Alan are attending has around the same time frame, although I don't think lunch is taken in the 6 hours. But I'll try and GM with a 6 hour time frame in mind. Besides if I scenario it up in certain ways we'll be comfortable.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(19-05-2013, 08:13 AM)Gareth Wrote:
(16-05-2013, 05:55 AM)Embolden Wrote: Okay cool, how long do the others want the hall for?

If you think you need 6 hours, I'm sure we can play with that in mind. The event me and Alan are attending has around the same time frame, although I don't think lunch is taken in the 6 hours. But I'll try and GM with a 6 hour time frame in mind. Besides if I scenario it up in certain ways we'll be comfortable.

well it looks like we'll only be playing 4 rather than 5 games which I scheduled for, 4 games at 500pts shouldn't take much longer than 4hrs max, plus a lunch etc.

I'm still happy to pay for 6hrs though as it gives time for any delays and down time before/after the event, therefore a more relaxing experience.

500pt 40k tournament sign up thread: http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=1536

I'll get a definite cost for the hall from Nina on Tuesday, as it sounds like our usual hire rate won't apply at the weekend.

How are we doing on confirmed attendance for the 40K, Fantasy and other games?
Fantasy is standing at 10. I'm budgeting for a five hour rental, if we get six its a bonus.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen