Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
40k League - Discussion Thread
Hey guys!

I’m pleased to announce the first 40k league at Redditch Wargaming Society!!

THE LEAGUE IS COMPLETELY FREE IS FREE TO ENTER!!!

LEAGUE STARTS ON 7/MAY

The premise:

Pick a core codex – whatever codex you choose week 1 you will be obliged to stick with that codex throughout the league and play-offs

Army Lists - can people please submit there army list before the night of the 7th of May you can hand it in on paper or PM me here.

Army List Changes - ONCE during the league you can change your army list, there is no pts limit to the amount you can change the list, but changes must from the same primary/ally codex.

Allies – Allies are being used, but they are optional, similar to the core codex once you choose to use allies you are obliged to stick with that choice for the rest of the league. Using your army change, allies can be dropped in favour of a pure primary army, but if you decide to use allies in the play-offs (another free army change is permitted) you must go back to using your original allies choice. If allies have not been used before, you're free to use the Allies Matrix.

Fortifications – are in full effect, choose are per the rulebook

Missions – missions will be selected from the core rules

Scoring – there will be a 3-1-0 Group Points system in use
Win the mission = 3GPs
Mission drawn – 1GP
Lose – 0GPs

Winning the Mission: If you win the mission as per the rulebook you gain 3GPs (This means winning on Primary and Secondary objectives combined)

League Bonus points:
Table your opponent +1 GP

If the mission is drawn on Victory Points as per the rule book or if you lose the mission as per the rulebook, but you win secondary (Firstblood, Warlord, Linebreaker) you get +1GP (winner doesn't get any bonus points)

EG the Relic mission, you win by getting Firstblood and capture the relic (4VPs), your opponent gets linebreaker and warlord (2VPS), so you win the mission giving you 3pts towards the league, while your opponent won secondary giving them 1pt towards the league.

League Format – 2 groups of 5+ players will be randomly drawn at some point before the first game (probably a week or so before), If everyone could then try to find a player from your group to play ASAP and once everyone has played each other at least once, your group will be decided.

Who progresses from each group? The top 2 players on total group points will progress to the knockout rounds using the scoring system above, you play each player from the group you're in once.

Missions:
Before each game, randomly role from the standard missions and various deployments from the rulebook IE Missions: Crusade, Purge the Alien, Big Guns, Scouring, Emperors Will and the Relic, deployment being Vanguard, Hammer and Anvil and Dawn of War.

Submitting Results:
Please post your results as soon as possible after the game in this thread: http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=1509 so the league table can be updated as quickly as possible (usually on a thursday to give time for results submissions and any questions that may arise after the game).

So there we have it!

People if you have any questions/comments please, feel free to comment below!!

LEAGUES as of 24/5

[Image: 40kLeague_zps6ec9426e.png]

Yep count me and my tau in!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
my orks will crush all before them, even those that think flying will save them.

you cant win, the waaagh is already on the move!

so yeah count me in!
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I'm in for sure! Would happily put money into a prize pool of some sort. Smile
Sounds good, sign me up please Rob! happy to contribute a couple quid to the pot.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Cheers for the interest already guys! Really appreciate it!

In regards to the prize support, I'm just worried about alienating people who don't have the money or who don't want to add to the fund for whatever reason.

So I've been thinking and for the first league, as it will be a learning curve, I think it will be best if it's free to enter, then maybe future ones will have better prize support! Tongue

So guys, this is free!

Yeah sounds good, when are we looking at the first fixtures adn how often will they be?
Also the league structure have sounds good, so i would stick with that.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
You can add my IG & SoB army to the list
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Count me in Rob. When do you plan to start? Depends on whether or not the Nids are shelved by then!
Ah good point Matt!

Starting the first week in may, so the 7th.