Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declaration of War on High Elves
I think my Bretonnian Lord has just summoned the dark side !! So how long would a game this big take? could even be bigger than anticipated!! As it stands at the moment approx 14,000 pts of High Elves v 14,000 pts of Knights, Chaos, Vampires and Dwarfs
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I couldn't field 5,000pts of Dwarves without going OTT on the magic items and Lords/Heroes etc but 3,000 shouldn't be too difficult.

(15-04-2013, 06:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.

For a stunty I'm a damn fast player! Movement, none. Magic, none. Shooting, FIRE THE CANNONS! Simple Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Weekender?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(15-04-2013, 06:29 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I couldn't field 5,000pts of Dwarves without going OTT on the magic items and Lords/Heroes etc but 3,000 shouldn't be too difficult.

(15-04-2013, 06:07 PM)Gareth Wrote: Game that size would take much longer than a club night. Especially with the speed our lot play at.

For a stunty I'm a damn fast player! Movement, none. Magic, none. Shooting, FIRE THE CANNONS! Simple Big Grin

You might be, but game slows down hugely once combat is struck. 6 times the size, 6 times the combat phase. Multiplayer battles always slow down, more so when game size goes up. But a weekend game would be ideal, not pretending I had something similar planned for June Wink
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I just like the idea of a left flank consisting of 4 or 5 units(or more) rather than just 1!! How much to hire the hall on a weekend?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(15-04-2013, 09:02 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I just like the idea of a left flank consisting of 4 or 5 units(or more) rather than just 1!! How much to hire the hall on a weekend?

Current rates are £11.50/hour for the large hall and £9.00/hour for the small hall.
Might be worth discussing with the 40K lot as well, maybe they could get an apocalypse game on as well?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(15-04-2013, 10:33 PM)manrogue Wrote: Might be worth discussing with the 40K lot as well, maybe they could get an apocalypse game on as well?

Good idea, sounds like we could have an all-dayer taking shape.
I could field 1,500/2,000 pts WoC (depending on if I include my Chaos Dragon).
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.