Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Varjazi & Basileus
New supplement for SAGA to be released at Salute, and looks like the last one for a while.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...546&type=1

Quote:New SAGA Supplement announced!

Studio Tomahawk and Gripping Beast are pleased to announce the release of the latest supplement for SAGA!

Debuting at SALUTE and on the website the same weekend, “Varjazi & Basileus” features a 12 page full colour rule booklet containing rules and lists for the Pagan Rus, the Era Of The Princes Rus and the Byzantines (as originally featured in Wargames Illustarted.) There is also a new Hero Of The Viking Age for the Byzantines and a new Swords For Hire unit.

The booklet also comes with 3 battleboards (Rus, Pagan Rus & BYZANTINES,) all contained in a fantastic SAGA folder. Made of sturdy cardboard, this folder is full colour (inside and out) and provides an excellent way to transport rulebooks, supplements and battleboards.

For a bit more on the release, take a look at Alex 'Mr SAGA' Buchel's excellent blog http://mousquetstomahawks.blogspot.co.uk/

Varjazi & Basileus will be £12
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Stop teasing me with this game! I can't pick up yet another system! Can I? I do have a box set of some unarmoured vikings and 2 'character' models...
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Go on, you know you want to. It's such a simple system too - it must be, even I understand it.

40 plastic Vikings are only 20 notes from Gripping Beast too: http://www.grippingbeast.com/webpage.php?PageID=90
I have one of the following: Unarmoured Viking Bondi

Along with these which seemed fitting to anything Viking-related: Ragnar Lothbrook mini
And: Bran the Legendary
And my favourite: Alliance Barbarian from SphereWars
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
That should be plenty for a starter 4pt warband - the Gripping Beast starter sets for Vikings and Jomsvikings only have 25 figures.

The official SAGA dice come in handy (there is a D6 number <-> symbol lookup chart in the rulebook) but many people make their own using the symbol sheets on the Gripping Beast forum.
My Normans will win one day. well maybe. you never know, I'm getting the hang of it now. well sort of !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers