Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 League results
was A great game Chris, think I'm getting more of a handle on my team now, but still don't move the ball very well!! My other thrower got his first completion, and I gave him the MVP, so with the new skill gave him Accurate. 30,000 winnings(losing's?), and my fan factor went down to 4.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Ok people fair warning now we're over half-way through the season people have had a chance to learn/refresh the rules so for future games I'm going to be calling " Illegal Procedure" against any coach who doesn't move their turn counter. This will result in you either loosing a reroll or the rest of your turn.

This because it really is time by now players remembered this rule and also I'm getting desperate for a win :-p
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
OK, I'll post the result of my game against Tom since he probably doesn't want to relive what happened last night. End result was Rapen Pillagers: 4, Terrible Tacklers: 1. Basically, a series of lucky rolls in the first three turns completely devastated Tom's team, with several ending up in the injuries box or KOd. One of the injuries was a smashed collar bone on the ogre, which permanently reduces his strength to 4. After that, Tom struggled to field a full lineup of 11 players at any one time. This was despite the fact that he hired Helmut Wulf, who took out my Snow Troll with a chainsaw for the entire second half.

The only silver lining for Tom was when his catcher dashed (alone) past my line, got decked, but then must have stuck out his leg to trip my thrower who was attempting to 'go for it', stood up, dodged out to pick up the ball, dodged again past my bewildered guys and then 'went for it' twice to score a solo touchdown.

With all the casualties and touchdowns there were plenty of SPPs to go around. My thrower even made his first completion! Haven't made a final decision about skills yet, but runner 1 gets a basic skill, runner 2 got a double, and rolled a 10 for my snow troll which could have given him an extra point of movement or AV, but I went with Block instead (didn't have enough players with block on my team). Fan factor went up to 9 and earnings were 70,000, taking me up to 150,000.
Updated tables today. Jim / Rob I need your score, but altered the table to show a Rob win (I recall that being correct.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-09-2013, 06:25 PM)Gareth Wrote: Updated tables today. Jim / Rob I need your score, but altered the table to show a Rob win (I recall that being correct.)

2-0 to the ladies. Great match. I got the win even though I lost 3 re rolls over the two halfs to IP being called.

Yes it is part of the rules... and yes it will hurt you and yes Jim plays with it and will not miss it if you slip up!
lol but still with loosing 3 rerolls rob you still beat me 2-0 :-( my luck just isn't in with bloodbowl this season
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Jim from what I have been told by some other folks, Chaos are a season 2 team. Once you start getting some of the right skills, things should start to improve. With the influx of new players and some team resets, you should have a better run of it next year.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok 2-0 Victory against the Skaven last night. Poor Vince, didn't even manage a non MVP SPP. I on the other hand have managed to get my ST6 Krox to take Juggernaut (at least I don't fall on a both down now,) and my Skink with Leap, is now rocking Sure Feet. I also ticked over to 140k GP, so spent 120k of that on my 4th team re-roll.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
So a 2 - 0 loss to BigRob last night brings an end to my undefeated run! My dwarves caved in before the chainsaw wielding maniac that he brought in for his inducements. Rob won the roll at the start and opted to receive. I opted not to deploy the deathroller as I didn't want him to score a quick touchdown without it doing anything,think this was my first mistake...

I was down two men already from last match so only had 12 dwarf to field, one being the deathroller. The amazons started by throwing a few blocks and feinting the ball carrier to the right, before pulling back to the centre against fierce dwarf resistance. Meanwhile the Norse chainsaw nutter was ripping my front line to shreds, cutting through my heavily padded dwarves like a hot wire cutter through soft cheese! mid first half with the dwarf numbers whittled down, the ball carrier switched to the left, outflanking the dwarves who couldn't fall back fast enough. She then hung around a bit, giving the chainsaw maniac another couple of turns eviscerating the bearded ones, before stepping over the line for 1 - 0 to the amazons late in the first half.

Cannily Rob had managed to limit my deathroller to just one turn of meager carnage before being sent off. He rolled over one amazon player but failed to do more than stun....pathetic! The butchers tally after the first half was 3 dwarf players injured, all missing the next game and one of which who lost a point of av. The deathroller was sent off but one of the Hammers recovered from a KO, so going into the 2nd half there were a total of 8 dwarves on the pitch...

Despite serious effort, the dwarves couldn't manage to score with three players down, the best part was pushing an amazon off the pitch who was badly hurt by the crowd. A late break saw the dwarf ball carrier deep in the amazon half before he was swamped by the 'ladies' and brought down. They then made a fantastic play right at the end of the game, moving the ball from deep in their half to score for a touchdown in one turn for 2 - 0 at the whistle.

I gave the MVP to a blocker so got a second dwarf with guard. With three players missing next match I am going to struggle against Vince's skaven since I have no reserve players, and one of my 11 is the deathroller who is only on for one play!

Next time Rob, next time, that Norse dude is going down!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Chris I was banking on a victory for you. As it is I'll have to beat them girlies myself.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen