Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 League results
(07-11-2013, 05:29 PM)Gareth Wrote: Yeah my TV is 1630000. I have not yet scored a double skill, but did get +ST on the Krox (50k) and have 9 normal skills (180k.) One more player than yourself, and have an extra re-roll (and they cost more than yours.) Add in an Apothecary and my single Cheer-Skink, it all mounts up. Im still gonna smash you though, but work out what extras you can use.

Awesome lots of money to play with. I think I can afford Morg!
Well me and Rob played out a nail biting 1-1, which saw the Slitherers see no less than THREE Skinks get killed. Cannot remember what SPP I get, apart from (I remembered you knowed my Sure Feet/Leap guy down Rob,) a TD on skink 1. Also need to do all the post game shizzle, seeing as we were rushing at the end. However my TV is hampered taking a 260000 loss through the skinks demise.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
It was an ace game. A failed double GFI for the win on the last turn with a re roll in the bag. Doh!

Your Cas you scored was on a skink that copped it. TD on your #1

I have a skill pops on two or three of my players so will have to do the same as you an roll them at the club.
Great game against Vince ended with a narrow 2-1 win to me after a very tense two halves.

My team value was way down with 3 players recuperating, so I got to hire Grim Ironjaw for the match, which helped a lot. Vince went first, with the Rat Ogre blitzing down a flank followed by a gutter runner who was in the end zone turn two and caught a superb long bomb pass from the thrower for a very quick first touchdown. The ease with which Vince scored had me a bit worried, especially when during the first half, I ended up with no less than three dwarf casualties. I opted to use the apothecary on a player who had only been badly hurt since I didn't want to be that many players down. My return drive was brutal, the deathroller and grim Ironjaw steadily making their way down the pitch against canny skaven opposition who darted in and out snapping at the dwarf 'cauldron' formation. Dwarves were dropping like flies, but managed to hold on until they were deep in the skaven half. A combination of a block by Grim on the rat ogre and then being fouled by the deathroller took out the rat ogre who needs an arm sown back on so he'll miss the next game!

With one turn to go in the first half, the dwarves were suddenly swamped by skaven, but the deathroller created a gap and the blocker who had the ball managed to slip through for 1-1 at half time.

With kick off for the second half there was all to play for, the dwarves were without the deathroller who'd been sent off (the ref had finally noticed a massive steam roller on the pitch...) and down to 9 dwarves, but the skaven were without their rat ogre and I was receiving...

A riot shortened the game a bit, and the dwarves picked up the ball and proceeded down the pitch at a leisurely pace, fending off the slippery rats as best they could. I think Vince made a mistake here and held back when he could have swamped me, so I was allowed deep into the skaven half. A big ruck ensued near the sideline and grim managed to push a couple of rats off the pitch, evening up the odds somewhat. Strength 4 with frenzy and block is pretty handy! The rats desperately tried to get in front of the dwarf ruck but to no avail and Gimli the runner stepped over the line in the closing stages of the game for a 2-1 win, woohoo!

Bifur the blitzer ended up with a broken neck so misses next game and is down to AG2 (never mind - he's a dwarf anyway, we don't need agility!), while Gimli the runner picked up the Fend skill, and Gloin the blocker was awarded an MVP and picked up Mighty Blow. I got 70000 winnings which along with some savings went on a third reroll, with 30000 left in the kitty, and my fan factor went back up to 7. Total cost of team is now 1620000, with a total value for next match of 150000 due to Bifur having to miss it.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Great write up of the match Chris, I think i made two mistakes in the second half.

First is i should have only put 2 gutter runners on when you was receiving to give me more strength 3 guys on the field.

Second as you say, i should have hit you sooner rather than trying to pick you off piecemeal.

Was a good and close game though, Jim up next. At least i have 2 Movement 10 guys and a 3 re-rolls as well!

Missing a Rat ogre and a Gutter runner next game, and skilled up a Lineman to have block (ironically my Lineman got more casualty results than the Rat ogre or Blitzers with mighty blow, 3!)
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
When should we give people a by when they can't get a match up?

Steve has been waiting to play Jim for a while now. I am eager for our match up to happen but need to wait until either the match happens? or.....?
Yeah I am waiting for Tom but he's still got to play Jim, after Jim has played Steve. According to the rules if someone hasn't played for two months they award everyone they have yet to play a 4-0 win.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I've sent Jim a message. He has until Saturday evening to respond, so Steve and Rob will have time to sort things out either way.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
4-0 with all the MVP's and SSP's for the touch downs. That is maybe a bit too generous. How about just an MVP rolled by Gareth for your team?
I hope everything is OK Jim x

I felt hearless like black Valentine for a moment then.