Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW North American Retailer Policy
Just caught this announcement from MiniWarGaming on the book of faces, describing how the new retailer trade agreement has contributed to their decision to close their store:

Current GW trade documentation can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wn5gq2srlbvxs6l/mhXkq4nVgZ
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Am just watching the video now, it's quite a level headed response so far.

Watched the Video last night and think he makes some very valid points. Was an interesting insight into the recent changes and how it effects Retailer/e-tailers.
Apparently the reason Wayland posted all the stuff they did was because they are trying to forge a union with all the other retailers to approach GW, at least that is the rumour on Dakka. It is something to do with the Direct only items mentioned in the video, GW is reducing the quantity that can be ordered each month apparently and capping it, as also mentioned in the video.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah watched it and he made a very good effort to be fair and balanced even tho he was obv annoyed.

Not sure what to think of it really.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Seems like a crazy business decision to me Confused less people are going to be exposed to the hobby for sure!

'Dad and son walk into gaming store that isn't a GW' the staff are obviously going to push games that they know will lead to repeat custom, that they know will always be available to them! This will not be 40k or fantasy which is a real shame. If they run this rule for Europe and Asia to its all over I think. Countries like Russia who don't have a GW store (at all) will turn to other games that they can sell with confidence.

It'll probably increase profit in the short term but I think it'll be the end of GW within the next 10 years or so.

Bad times
(21-03-2013, 07:46 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: It'll probably increase profit in the short term but I think it'll be the end of GW within the next 10 years or so.

Bad times

Never going to happen. GW can support itself from UK sales. International sales mean they have produced bigger and better kits. However once they see a drop in profits, shareholders with sense will get rid of a board, who think they are recession proof.

Happy times.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
On the subject of the board, I completely forgot to mention that Mark Wells stepped down as CEO in January.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
EU regulations prevent them from blocking online sales in the UK (from what i have read anyway). What they may be doing from what i understand is reducing the amount of Direct only stuff Distributers can buy. This has been put on Dakka by a quite a few Gaming shop owners (US ones) who are getting fed up of the direction GW has be going the last couple of years. Even a couple of the white knight ones are turning.
So if anyone is planning to get any of the new Tau stuff from wayland, TWG etc, don't add Direct only stuff (Anything Finecast) as this will increase your waiting times. Also i have read from people on Dakka (Again mainly US distributers to be fair) that they are sending limited quantities of new releases to Suppliers, so get in early!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-03-2013, 08:58 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(21-03-2013, 07:46 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: It'll probably increase profit in the short term but I think it'll be the end of GW within the next 10 years or so.

Bad times

Never going to happen. GW can support itself from UK sales. International sales mean they have produced bigger and better kits. However once they see a drop in profits, shareholders with sense will get rid of a board, who think they are recession proof.

Happy times.

I genuinly hope so mate Smile