Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLOT BASE
Does anyone know of a company who can provide a good slot base for 40k lead miniatures.

I know I could use a non-slotted base a superglue the miniature to it, but I am a bit concerned that the due to the weight of the miniature it will not hold.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Are you just after the standard GW 25mm round slotted bases, or something more heavyweight? How many do you need - might have a few of the former kicking around somewhere.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(18-03-2013, 11:38 AM)Stuart Wrote: Are you just after the standard GW 25mm round slotted bases? How many do you need - might have a few kicking around somewhere.

No I have those, I wanted one with rocks/paving of something already on.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Aha, I getcha. Can't recall anything, but you could always pin the figures to non-slotted pre-textured bases? Bit more work required obviously.
(18-03-2013, 11:47 AM)Stuart Wrote: ...but you could always pin the figures to non-slotted pre-textured bases? Bit more work required obviously.

It's just struck me that's what I did with my Malifaux crew and the resin cobblestone bases from Dragon Forge. Actually wasn't too much effort at all.
Other than that just drill two tiny holes in each foot and your chosen base and cut a paper clip to use as pinning Smile works for me!