Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dante and friends
After a few week of playing this list it has lead to some good results! Have changed it slightly from what I've been fielding and my slight lack of troop/fast attack (for the scouring) doesn't seem to have hindered me too much! Would like some thoughts from you guys!!

Final List (Blood_Angels)

HQ - 225
Commander Dante (225)

Elites - 105
1 Sanguinary Priests (105)
• Brother Corbulo

Troops - 800
Master of the Host's Sanguinary Guard (260)
infernus pistol; plasma pistol; power fist; Chapter Banner.

10 Death Company (540)
hand flamer; 2× infernus pistol; 8× power weapon; thunder hammer; jump packs.

Detachment: Grey Knights (Grey_Knights)

HQ - 100
Inquisitor Coteaz (100)

Troops - 260
10 Grey Knights (260)
Justicar (storm bolter; Nemesis force sword); 2× psycannon; psybolt ammunition.

Heavy Support - 260
Land Raider (260)
psybolt ammunition.

Detachment: Aegis (Fortifications)

Other - 100
Aegis Defence Lines (100)
gun emplacement with quad-gun.

1,850 points
The list I've been using prior to this is

New? (Blood_Angels)

HQ - 225
Commander Dante (225)

Elites - 180
• Brother Corbulo

1 Sanguinary Priests (75)
• Sanguinary Priest: bolt pistol; chainsword; jump pack.

Troops - 680

10 Assault Marines (420)
Space Marine Sergeant (melta bombs); 2× meltagun.
• Land Raider Redeemer

Heavy Support - 130
5 Devastators (130)
Space Marine Sergeant; 4× missile launcher.

Other - 85
Aegis Defence Lines (85)
gun emplacement with Icarus lascannon.

HQ - 100
Inquisitor Coteaz (100)

Troops - 190
8 Grey Knights (190)
Justicar (storm bolter; Nemesis force sword); psycannon.

Heavy Support - 260
Land Raider (260)
psybolt ammunition.

1,850 points
Or list 3

HQ - 225
Commander Dante (225)

Elites - 105
• Brother Corbulo

Troops - 670

10 Death Company (410)
2× infernus pistol; thunder hammer; jump packs.

Heavy Support - 130
5 Devastators (130)
Space Marine Sergeant; 4× missile launcher.

HQ - 100
Inquisitor Coteaz (100)

Troops - 260
10 Grey Knights (260)
Justicar (storm bolter; Nemesis force sword); 2× psycannon; psybolt ammunition.

Heavy Support - 260
Land Raider (260)
psybolt ammunition.

Other - 100

1,850 points
Even though no one seems to have an interest in ripping my list apart with faults I'm going to continue to ask for your 'constructive' criticism purely for the success this army seems to have brought me! Despite the death company not being scoring they have been by far my best unit in terms of inflicting damage! However my lack of troops has made life very difficult so I have made the following changes for my game against Chris on Tuesday

HQ - 225
Commander Dante (225)

Elites - 105
Brother Corbulo

Troops - 945
5 Death Company (205)
thunder hammer; jump packs.

5 Death Company (265)
infernus pistol; 3× power weapon; thunder hammer; jump packs.

10 Assault Marines (215)
Sergeant (Melta bombs); 2× meltagun
Drop Pod: locator beacon.

Sanguinary Guard (260)

HQ - 100
Inquisitor Coteaz (100)

Troops - 110
5 Grey Knights (110)
Justicar (storm bolter; Nemesis force sword); psycannon.

Heavy Support - 265
Land Raider (265)
psybolt ammunition;

Other - 100

1,850 points

The general idea is start with corbulo and the sanguinary guard on the table alongside the GK's in the land raider (I know it's wasting descent of angels but hey they're tough enough to move across the board) then dropping the rest around the enemy lines. Dante means 1 of the death company units doesn't scatter and the general idea is to use the locator beacon on the drop pod to ensure the rest lands successfully. I'm still debating between 2 fives of death company or 1 unit of 10 with Dante. Any ideas guys?
The only thing i can spot is lack of Anti air?
Nothing there that the Necron Flying Bakery would be worried about nor Vendettas.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(31-03-2013, 08:57 PM)manrogue Wrote: The only thing i can spot is lack of Anti air?
Nothing there that the Necron Flying Bakery would be worried about nor Vendettas.

I was debating some of those forge world Hyperion things but I don't have the time of spares to build some at the moment, Coteaz give me I've been expecting you so I can nail them with S5 storm bolters and psycannons if they come to close. Other than that the quad gun may have to do for now! Confused but yeah I agree for sure.
the 10 is hard hitting maybe to much for 1850, but two five gives you more options and splits fire for enemy. what about five/six and danta with another scouring troop option.
Looks scary Nick. I'm bringing my Ravenwing for their first outing with the new codex so should be very interesting! Not faced dante before - he's just a really old guy in power armour right?!

All the deepstriking dudes are going to hit hard, but then the downside is low model count - wait a minute, I have low model count as well...

You've got 33 infantry and two vehicles (1 of which is a landraider...), I have 35 bikes/attack bikes and 3 vehicles (landspeeders). Bring it on!

In the interests of fairness here is the list I'm taking: http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.ph...946&page=2

I'm not totally sure about the landraider in your list - it's not carrying much - could be packed with terminators instead which would be a lot more scary (and more expensive). Also I'm not a fan of aegis defence lines and it seems like a waste of points in your list - it's clearly there just for the quad gun, which is ok if the opponent has 1 flyer, but not if you're facing 3 or more. personally i wouldn't bother and would just try and nail the ground troops if there are loads of flyers, but that's just my personal opinion - i also haven't faced any heldrakes yet...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'm not 100% sure what the GK are adding?

Blood Angels can take Landraiders for assault Marines for a bargain 215pts + Assault Marines (5 for 100pts)

Like Chris I'm also not sold on the Quadgun, in theory it's okay, but doing the math its sucks at taking out AV12 flyers, I would drop the 100pts and spend them on something else.

If you want, dropping Coteaz and the Quadgun gives you 200pts towards a Storm Raven and the Blood Angels Storm Raven is AMAZING at shooting down flyers!

(01-04-2013, 08:06 PM)Embolden Wrote: I'm not 100% sure what the GK are adding?

Blood Angels can take Landraiders for assault Marines for a bargain 215pts + Assault Marines (5 for 100pts)

Like Chris I'm also not sold on the Quadgun, in theory it's okay, but doing the math its sucks at taking out AV12 flyers, I would drop the 100pts and spend them on something else.

If you want, dropping Coteaz and the Quadgun gives you 200pts towards a Storm Raven and the Blood Angels Storm Raven is AMAZING at shooting down flyers!

I second this, was thinking the same thing myself with regards the quad gun
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven