Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First meeting post mortem
Information 
After the first session tonight we'd really appreciate your feedback on how you thought it went and how you'd like to see the club evolve. Any suggestions gratefully received - things that we can do differently, improve, anything really.

All this of course assumes that we don't achieve absolute perfecton on our first attempt Angel
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Well first of all I'd like to say thanks to Stuart and Simon for organising the club and first meeting. I thought it was a really good evening - it was nice to meet folks and get an idea of what people are in to, I think it will be really enjoyable once we've all found our feet.

If nothing else it is making the crate of unpainted models next to my bed more of an enticing proposition than sleep right now! Wink
I really enjoyed the first meeting, though i do feel bad me and simon were the only ones who got to play. However thanks to our shiny new forums it should be easier for us to arrange games amongst ourselves ready for next week so at least everyone can get a chance to play. Looking forward to playing against some of you fine fellows over the coming weeks Big Grin
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Many, many thanks to you all for coming along - the initial turnout was fantastic, and we should have around 3 or 4 more people coming along next week too. If you've any ideas on how to promote the group to a wider audience then please let me know - I can generate flyers (I'll add the Warmachine logo Wink) to be left in strategic places if that would be useful.

Special thanks also to Justin and Simon (and others!) for taking the time to answer all of Luke's questions about Warmachine - I think you may have a new recruit in the making Big Grin
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi All,

Ditto what Stuart said regarding the thanks.

I'm in the process of trying to organise some more tables and mats.

Whilst the society is using the small hall, we'll need to maximise usage of the space available. This may mean overlaying 6x4 mdf boards on the individual tables provided by the centre. I'll keep you posted on this one. Just remember not to lean to hard on the boards as it can result in a figures in the air situation Confused

With games of smaller scales or points values it may be possible to double up on the tables, making the play area 3x4, but for 25mm I reckon 4x4 is about the minimum for a game.

This will probably not be done in time for next week, but as there are others turning up who couldn't make the first night, I should be able to have more of an idea of tables/boards required.

Si
A little late to reply as our 1st attendance was the 3rd meeting!

But just like to say thanks for the welcome and for geting the thing going.

Met some fine folk and enjoyed the conversation, etc.

Came away with a very positive attitude to future and look forward to attending as regularly as possible.

See you on the 9th.

Paul