Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 9th April 2013
Thanks for your replies.

First of all, trust me, my wife and sisters agreed to play under very heavy coercion, and then it only lasted for 2 short encounters in between episodes of east-enders. I'm sure it won't happen again, hence my search for players.

A quick Google leads me to believe that deathwatch is set in the 40k universe? I have no idea of the lore behind that, and I would have preferred a fantasy game, but I'm willing to give it a go. I believe I have a d10 in the polydice set I got with the red box.

If I do end up playing war hammer, do I need to bring an army?

Also, I will most likely be coming on the bus. I'm on the 57/58 route, can I get to the venue that way, or will I need to go into town and change to a different bus?
shaun lewis.

you'd have to go to town and catch the 55/56, and then get off in crabbs cross, where you live, if your near lakeside, i can arrange for my dad to come get you when he goes to run me down.

also the buses stop running at 8, so you'll need someone to be able to take you home as well.

there's also D&D tonight, which is fantasy based, i'm sure they could make room for one more.

if you don't like the deathwatch, plenty of guys playing war hammer fantasy tonight, you can easily sit down and get involved with those games, i'm sure none of the guys mind teaching you how to play.

also by any chance you happen to be the Shawn Lewis who went to saint augustness with Sam cook back in 2006-2009?, or is there many people with the name Shawn Lewis?
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Thanks for the reply.

I live in Winyates, so it'll be easier to get the 58 into town and switch over. Is there a bus stop close to venue so as I will know where to get off? Any recognizable landmarks?

I'm planning on getting a taxi back, but I wan't to get the bus when I can to save a bit of cash.

Yes, I was the Shaun Lewis who had a spell at Saints after leaving the navy and ran off to marry Christine later.
Looking for 1850pts game tonight 40k. anyone??
They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They are coming for us - flesh, body and soul!
someone I have not played.
They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They are coming for us - flesh, body and soul!
Hey Vince, what are we playing tonight mate?

I don't have my gang ready for Necrumunda, so would prefer 40k 1850pts, but I'm flexible Smile

Also let me know if you want any proxies, I don't mind facing a totally proxy army if you want, I have like 7 Wave Serpent/Devilfish/Hammerhead hulls, War Walkers for battle suits, I sure Nick wouldn't mind lending you his Dreadknight for a Riptide etc :p

(09-04-2013, 01:56 PM)shaunlewis Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

I live in Winyates, so it'll be easier to get the 58 into town and switch over. Is there a bus stop close to venue so as I will know where to get off? Any recognizable landmarks?

I'm planning on getting a taxi back, but I wan't to get the bus when I can to save a bit of cash.

Yes, I was the Shaun Lewis who had a spell at Saints after leaving the navy and ran off to marry Christine later.

long time no see Shawn Sam cook here...

you know where we used to catch the 55 after school into town, and it begins to turn towards the dual carriage way, the big building on the left is the center we go to (explained as if coming from the 55 side), there are bus stops just before that turn that you can get off at.

hopefully what i said makes sense to you.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
(09-04-2013, 02:14 PM)Embolden Wrote: Hey Vince, what are we playing tonight mate?

I don't have my gang ready for Necrumunda, so would prefer 40k 1850pts, but I'm flexible Smile

Also let me know if you want any proxies, I don't mind facing a totally proxy army if you want, I have like 7 Wave Serpent/Devilfish/Hammerhead hulls, War Walkers for battle suits, I sure Nick wouldn't mind lending you his Dreadknight for a Riptide etc :p

Was thinking Necromunda (i will help sort your gang out prior to playing) as got to stay at work till 18:00 and wouldn't have time to sort the Guard out. Sad
Took them all out the cases and put my Tau in there last night and due to staying over till 18:00 won't have time to sort anything out with Tau.
Then can spend the second skimming the codex (if it has arrived!) if you want?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Need a game of 40k. 1850pts. Anyone
(09-04-2013, 02:24 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 02:14 PM)Embolden Wrote: Hey Vince, what are we playing tonight mate?

Was thinking Necromunda (i will help sort your gang out prior to playing) as got to stay at work till 18:00 and wouldn't have time to sort the Guard out. Sad
Took them all out the cases and put my Tau in there last night and due to staying over till 18:00 won't have time to sort anything out with Tau.
Then can spend the second skimming the codex (if it has arrived!) if you want?

Sorted mate, I will try to get some stuff sorted for my Gang lol, I have about 30-45mins before I need to set off. Did you want a lift tonight?