Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion on Flyers and How to beat Necrons
You had to find a way to get the three stormravens in didn't you? Haha looks good mate!
It's a 5+ cover save dude not a 5+ inv. small difference but might make a difference in some circumstances. I'm really not sure about the practicality of maneovering 3 ravens to within 6" of the Libby when they come on but if you think you can make it work good luck to you!! Of course if you take "wings of sanguine" he gets a jump pack move which might make it easier to put him in the right place
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"
The list isnt quite correct by the way - I missed out the fourth storm raven!

The Libby can be in a raven and cast it and it affects all models within 6. Pretty sure it has been FAQ'd.

So 4 x Storm Ravens - gotta be worth a laugh!

Other option apart from my GK list is Sisters and Guard.

Dunno yet
Pretty sure you can't take a libbie in termie armour into a storm raven. Also pretty sure it would work on a transport. He only need Los to the target and the rules say he can cast it on himself in a transport. Love to see it tried but it would require some good positioning to make it work and could easily be stopped by an oppo with a large amount of models (IMHO) it's a massive footprint you need to get the other 3 or 4 in play and in 6" of The one with the libby in itDefinitely like to see it in action though!

"Cake for the cake god!"
Models in terminator armour can only not embark in rhinos and razorback i think (it says so specifically in their entries). otherwise they can but take up two spots
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Feck me you're right...I never realised that, thanks for the heads up dude..

"Cake for the cake god!"
I could have 9 Hydras for 675pts....

3 Squadrons of 3, 12 shots a squadron. Hitting on 4s and against AV12. That an averaqge of 1.5 Pens and 3 Glances a squadron. How many hull points do the flyers have? 3 or 4? If its three I could take out 3 a turn if seperate or 4 if squadroned I reckon.....
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(29-01-2013, 04:46 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I could have 9 Hydras for 675pts....

3 Squadrons of 3, 12 shots a squadron. Hitting on 4s and against AV12. That an averaqge of 1.5 Pens and 3 Glances a squadron. How many hull points do the flyers have? 3 or 4? If its three I could take out 3 a turn if seperate or 4 if squadroned I reckon.....

Thats how you deal with flyers! Would the forge world fast attack units deal with it cheaper? 4* Hyperios battery time three.
3 hull points each mate, yep 9 Hydra's would make you immune to the "Flying Circus" solution pretty much, only if you want to sink 675 points into anti-flyers though Smile

"Cake for the cake god!"
(29-01-2013, 05:15 PM)GoNecrons Wrote:
(29-01-2013, 04:46 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I could have 9 Hydras for 675pts....

Thats how you deal with flyers! Would the forge world fast attack units deal with it cheaper? 4* Hyperios battery time three.

4* Hyperios battery time three. at 35 points per model. is 420 points so cheaper.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss