Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion on Flyers and How to beat Necrons
I could build some of those defence platforms...
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I hear you on the use of the word 'turn' but the sentence can be read different ways. unfortunately GW is not very good at using commas and are very good at being ambiguous. It could be read:

"When the contemptor remains stationary, for that turn it gains skyfire and interceptor" in which case it is player turn (note I have put comma in)

OR

"When the contemptor remains stationary for that turn, it gains skyfire and interceptor" (comma in diff place) in which case I would argue it has skyfire and interceptor until its next player turn when it chooses whether to move again or not. It could be clearer if they then said "...until its following turn."

My question is: if it is the first one and only on the player turn, what good is the interceptor rule? surely it's redundant and therefore what the writers meant was the second version.

I would check with the TO Ben before you scrap your list.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I've always read it and played it as option 2. mainly for the reason you said, what use is interceptor if it doesn't work for the opponents turn.....
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
So you can shoot at ground targets (you don't want to turn into Hydras when remaining stationary) :p

(31-01-2013, 07:25 PM)Embolden Wrote: So you can shoot at ground targets (you don't want to turn into Hydras when remaining stationary) :p

Exactly. Hitting ground targets on 6s is pants. Trust me.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(31-01-2013, 07:25 PM)Embolden Wrote: So you can shoot at ground targets (you don't want to turn into Hydras when remaining stationary) :p

Good point, missed that! No idea which is the right way to play it then.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I some scouring at work (mainly as i am planning on bringing my Ultramarine out of retirement Tongue ) and a lot of people on different forums seem to believe that it works exactly the same as anything else that has skyfire and interceptor, that you can shoot in your opponents turn (as long as you remained stationary in your turn) any incoming flyer. Was gonna put the links on here but forgot before i left work. Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm not sure if anyone has emailed harry the to, so I have done it anyway Smile

Quote:Hey Harry,

I've just been reading through the Forgeworld book that has the Contemptor Dread rules and I've just had a slight rules query because of it, can the Contemptor intercept in your opponents turn?

Because it states in it's rules that went it remains stationary, "for that turn" it has Skyfire and Intercept, then on page9 of the rulebook it goes on to say that when the rules mention turn it means player turn, not game turn unless otherwise stated.

So I'm just wanting some clarification that the Contemptor Dread can or cannot intercept in the opponents turn.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for sending that off i was going to do teh same bt i've been in Barcelona with work (not as fun as it sounds) look forward to hear the response. i'll make or break my current set up.

sadly based on what i've now read here im leaning towards the skyfire and interceptor only for my game turn if i don't move. which is a pain in the arse!!
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss