Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCGT
So I happen to have got a ticket for the South Coast Grand Tournament, being held mid-April down in Portsmouth. The event had a cap of 160 players, but by 19:02 yesterday (with tickets being on sale for 2 minutes,) 177 people were after a spot in the event.

So I need to get a 2400 point Lizardman army assembled, painted (including movement trays,) and practiced with. I have a degree of comp to contend with, but expect me to be badgering folks for as many WFB games as possible.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
is 2400 the pt game?
2400 points is the standard for a Non-GW tournament around the world. I don't mind getting practice in at 2k though, as the differences between the two, will probably be a second SKrox unit, and some war gear. I need to get used to playing a tad faster, and how certain units and tactics work.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
love to do a 2400pt battle
I'll be up for it, and I can make some cheese lists if you really want me to, though that would go completely against my playstyle i.e. losing Tongue
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

This is the comp I have to deal with. Its aimed at stopping people taking lists made of the maximum number of power units. The current issue with much of Tournament play, regards to Lizards is double Slann, a few Slamanders, and about 8 Skink skirmishing units. I can get in most of what I normally run, without an issue, but i want to see how things work, as I may be taking a strange choice for my Slanns lore. Ultimately I will be limited by what I can get painted. So far its a list containing one Slann and 10 Skink Skirmishers.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I could field 2400 pts of bretonnian I think
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(27-01-2013, 09:28 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I could field 2400 pts of bretonnian I think

I'm sure I can make 2,400 pts of WoC.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Ok I got to Portsmouth at 10 last night. Round one draw had been done. I will start the event on table 22, before I work my way downwards. My first game is against a player named Johnny Hastings of the Handsome Point Boys (or something similar,) and his Beastmen. Well colour me pink with glitter, how pleases am I. Johnny is a US resident and co-host of a podcast called Point Hammered. I have never heard the show, but one US cast I do, often comment on what a great looking army it is. I am in for a treat.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Game one I took an absolute pasting, that involved me rolling terrible for magic, four dice, try to get through throne being only able to use two, and throw a natural three. Game over.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen