Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham 2013
I can pick you up if you like mate? I'm coming from Birmingham so Redditch is sorta on the waySmile
List advice Question.
I'll be fielding 1 contemptor dreadnought and im debating what weapons to use
Choices:

Option 1 - Two Kheres Assault cannons (2 x 6 shots AP4 S6 Rending Range 24") and Cyclone Missile Launcher
Or
Option 2 - Two twin linked lascannons and Cyclone Missile Launcher

main role would be anti flyer but the argument for the kheres is that they work well as anti infantry too.

thoughts?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I kinda think your relying on the flyers being close enough with the assault cannons. In most cases if something's within 24" for you to shoot it, it's probably shot you first and with the necron flyers being pretty powerful it might be best to swat them down before they get close
yeah I prefer the las cannon option due to the range. I assume they are skyfire AND interceptor?
Hey guys cheers for the offers of lifts! Weather permitting of course!

Option2 on the dread, the assault cannons are deadly, so will give board comtrol, but can be avoided with ease, there is no escaping the lascannons and I think the las add much needed range to the list when not facing flyers

Looks like theres no more snow due! Woohoo! Matt where do you live? I can fly by yours on Sunday morning to grab the Orks for Rob if you like? Save you dropping them off (if you were planning too)
Yeah I am off Sunday but (see above) will be at home. Sure I will fish them out tomorrow and will text my address
Yep when the dread doesn't move it gains sky fire and interceptor. As you say the lascannon add range. And with bs5 and twin linked you don't miss often.

I'm sold on the lascannon I think.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hey guys, sorry defo cannot make it tomorrow now Sad

Ahh no worries mate. Sure you dont fancy it matt?

Everyone else still in? (Rob n Ben)