Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham 2013
(23-02-2013, 10:13 PM)Stuart Wrote: Cracking stuff Cool

p.s. don't forget to plug the club whenever you can Wink

I may have recruited a fee ppl after spreading the word about our glorious club Smile
Game 1 grudge match with a guy I play regular and I won bragging rights for the rest of the year with a convincing win. Lost all the orc boys but had enough to score where I needed.

Game 2 vs orc list. 3 30 mob boys with dakka jets. Won primary by moving super grots behind a screen of boys and barge to score three of the five objectives but lost two barges so lost on secondaries. 10-20 against. I had the chance to win with line breaker but only had 2 minutes for my last turn and missed it (Warriors waiting in night scythe!)

Game 3 vs Ben's Deathwing. Really fun game and I should have won if I paid more attention. haha. 4 Warriors and a lone ork available to contest and I spread out and shot instead of contesting. doh! Silly move.

1 win, draw and loss. So so far so good. Two wins tomorrow please.
(23-02-2013, 10:34 PM)Nick1988 Wrote:
(23-02-2013, 10:13 PM)Stuart Wrote: Cracking stuff Cool

p.s. don't forget to plug the club whenever you can Wink

I may have recruited a fee ppl after spreading the word about our glorious club Smile

You star - may have to come up with a referral reward program! Idea
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
My games
game 1 - won after 5 turns - unfortunately we played 6! Lost 1-30
Game 2 - Opponent fiddled me - offered me a win but took the moral high ground - 1-30
game 3 - Helldrake Hell - 1-30

Yup, 3 points after 3 games. eyeing up the wooden spoon prize and regretting taking a fun army!
(24-02-2013, 12:02 AM)The Count Wrote: My games
game 1 - won after 5 turns - unfortunately we played 6! Lost 1-30
Game 2 - Opponent fiddled me - offered me a win but took the moral high ground - 1-30
game 3 - Helldrake Hell - 1-30

Yup, 3 points after 3 games. eyeing up the wooden spoon prize and regretting taking a fun army!

2 for 2 then today...
Day2

Game4 played against Robs mate in the scouring I got 9pts to defend while the razorbacks played distraction, hightlights of the game, the manticore took out a razorback and 2 chimeras with 1 shot then the vindicator wiped out a strike squad bar 2 strikes... The proceeded to tank 5 turns if shooting from 1 dread and 3 turns from a second, and a weapon destroyed... It took a razorback to take it out with a side armour shot...

Dreadknight was impressive taking 2 turns of melta, plasma and lasgun fire, it died to the last meltagun hit.

30-1 win but a great opponent.

Game5

I would be facing off against a azrael and Libby in a 50 blob squad, 17 bikes and that's your lot.

The mission was kps and my army does not win at kps... Alex plays the right way and limits the amount of targets I can see, the dreadknight miss naps and gets placed in a corner where it plays no real part, i didn't play well and lost 14/7 on vps 30-1 on tps Alex only had 3 kps left.. Azrael, blob (10 guys) and the blob command that the dreadknght misshapped next 2... Ugh! Wouldn't of made a big difference though.

Not sure where I finished..

I got two losses today. First vs. Nids and I hate ravengers. haha. Only the Ghost arc left on the table turn 5 so loss 30 - 1

Second vs. Necrons. Two monoliths :O) great fun but I only killed two units so lost again. I played it bad on reflection. Loss 30 - 1

So day too and I increase my score by a further two....
Two for two today thankfully! Now don't listen to Nick, it wasn't a draw!

Overall the vanguard vets were good, but not sure the units are worth 365pts for 10. At least they deserve more play testing as actually they werent as bad as their result suggested.
Two losses today both by really narrow margins. Finished 2-1-2. Had a great time though.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
0 for 5. Best part of £200 on the army, hours of tedious, boring modelling and painting to get it ready and nought to show for it except I clearly suck at 40k. 4 good opponents who were good fun and 1 guy with an army I had no interest in playing, still he got his win clubbing this baby seal so I suppose he's happy... Thanks for the games over the last few months guys, enjoyed it a lot....
40k: Bloodimps (Custom Blood Angels chapter )

"Cake for the cake god!"