Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts proper Nids list for the GT Final and the ETC
OK guys so no crazy lists for now, as I concentrate on the GT Final in three weeks and the ETC in Serbia. I am also determined to get that no 1 Nid player spot on rankings HQ!

So this in 100% non negotiable

2 x Fly Rants
Tervigon as troop
Doom in Pod
Death Leaper (for the win)
3 x 14 Devil Gaunts in pod - I feel this is better than 2 x 20 as it is an extra troop and they can split fire against three targets instead of two. Also as they are monstrous creatures and not vehicles, the pods count as scoring/denial.

That is 1590pts, leaving me with 260

I can have ---

Harpy - 170pts and 90pts to up the devil gaunts and even give the Pods a second weapon. Or even an Aegis with comms relay......

Trygon Prime - 240pts of gribbly nastiness, perils in the warp and a synapse creature, with 20pts to spend.

What do people think?
You know I'm a fan of the harpy but I have never seen a Trygon do badly! Did not realise the pods were scoring/denial!! As if!
(02-03-2013, 01:13 PM)The Count Wrote: OK guys so no crazy lists for now, as I concentrate on the GT Final in three weeks and the ETC in Serbia. I am also determined to get that no 1 Nid player spot on rankings HQ!

So this in 100% non negotiable

2 x Fly Rants
Tervigon as troop
Doom in Pod
Death Leaper (for the win)
3 x 14 Devil Gaunts in pod - I feel this is better than 2 x 20 as it is an extra troop and they can split fire against three targets instead of two. Also as they are monstrous creatures and not vehicles, the pods count as scoring/denial.

That is 1590pts, leaving me with 260

I can have ---

Harpy - 170pts and 90pts to up the devil gaunts and even give the Pods a second weapon. Or even an Aegis with comms relay......

Trygon Prime - 240pts of gribbly nastiness, perils in the warp and a synapse creature, with 20pts to spend.

What do people think?

Would you consider a 2nd Tervigon? more psychic powers/defence and more gaunts. I like the idea of the harpy, scoring in the scouring and denial in everything else, plus it's so annoying! and then the trygon prime with a 2+ save it's 100x better than a regular Trygon I was also to gun a 3+ save one each turn against Dave at BB, a 2+ now thats another story! it's like a squad of Paladins in heat and you never roll enough 1's. plus it's ANOTHER unit to get into enemies face along with the Pods, Gaunts, Flyrants and Doom...

So mate, it's down to you... :p

personally it's between a Tervigon or Trygon prime

(02-03-2013, 01:28 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: You know I'm a fan of the harpy but I have never seen a Trygon do badly! Did not realise the pods were scoring/denial!! As if!

As Matt said, I also lost linebreaker to this at Caledonian.

No to the second Tervigon for now. I am veering towards the trygon prime, but will try out the Harpy versus Rob on Tuesday.
Not considering any ymgarl? They've been my outstanding performers in most games they've played! Maybe the harpy and some ymgarl?
(02-03-2013, 05:50 PM)The Count Wrote: No to the second Tervigon for now. I am veering towards the trygon prime, but will try out the Harpy versus Rob on Tuesday.

No worries both are strong choices.

does the harpy effect your reserves if you need/want to play the reserve alpha strike?

Yes with the trygon I only need to deploy one model. With the harpy it's two. Ok either way.
I agree about the stealers, but it kind of takes away the armies fell, that's the main reason. Anyway with only 269pts to spend I can't quite do it if I have three units of devourers
I can see 3 devourer units being devastating! I guess the Trygon prime would help with extra synapse for them so you can always pick your targets rather than having to fire at the nearest unit which could be a vehicle or something you can't hurt (unless they pass the test of course)