Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey there (running out of generic "Hello" post titles here!)
Tongue 
Hi everyone,

I'm Rachel, 27 and oddly enough from Redditch. I've been into wargaming for nearly 9 years now, since I met my other half Mike, who was just at the end of his tenure running the old gaming shop on Unicorn Hill (now a tanning shop, they don't appreciate you drying miniatures on the beds...). "Into wargaming" is actually a bit of a misnomer - I've mainly been interested in the conversion and painting side, although I don't keep up with that as much as I should. I've played a few games of Warhammer 40K and Warmachine (my Ork warboss' defeat of my fella's Necron Monolith by hitting it with a power claw is legendary - except to Mike who doesn't like to be reminded...), and I've always yearned for the opportunity to (learn to) play more, and this club seems to be an excellent one.

I have half finished armies of Orks, Space Wolves 13th Company (or maybe just Space Wolves now GW seem to have jettisoned all reference to the 13th C...), and my own Space Marine chapter, the Sons of Saurus, also bits of a Lizardman force and some Khador Warmachine models. I'll probably watch and soak the
rules in for a few weeks whilst painting when I get some downtime to get battle ready.

So yes, nice to 'meet' you all, although for some reason I seem to know a few of you already... Wink
Hi Rachel, good to have you on board!

I've also wanted to get more into the gaming side for a good while, but not really had the opportunity (until now). Look forward to seeing your custom Space Marine chapter - mine is still definitely a work in progress.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Stuart, thanks for the welcome, and also setting this thing up. My marines are very much a work in process too (I'm easily distracted by shiny new models - currently pretending GW haven't released new WFB Orcs and 40K Grey Knights...), but they will see the light of day/defeat at some point!
I know exactly what you mean - I've got Space Marines and Dwarves on the go at the moment (hmmm, that gives me an idea for a rather bizarre Space Marine chapter...) but I'm tempted by Grey Nights and High Elves. Must...resist...
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hi Rachel,

Running out of standard "Welcome to the forums" messages, so I'll stick with old faithful.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm also into the modelling and painting side, but enjoy playing just as much.

Setting this club up will hopefully give more people an opportunity to get a regular game in. I've also found in the past that being involved in something like this gives impetus to the modelling a painting.

Somehow I've managed to avoid wfb and 40k so some of the posts on here sound like a youngster trying to explain the Internet to a great grand parent. Perhaps that makes me that great grand parent !

Look forward to meeting you tonight.

Si
Hi rachel.

im up for a fight against the green tide.

Intrested..?
They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They are coming for us - flesh, body and soul!