Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian Smack Board
(20-01-2013, 12:39 AM)Embolden Wrote: I think we've all had a nightmare trying to get on the net at maelstrom!

I found that when I popped up to see the masters last weekend. Didn't push, seeing as I only wanted footy updates.

Best of luck chaps. Tally ho.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Game4 done, 18-2 defeat

Matt just won 18-2 and were only 1 tp apart.. Rob lost 20-0 but we're all on 2 wins to defeats

Howd it go today guys?
Game5 - 16-4 Defeat only got to turn3, should of only played 2 turns as it took an hour to deploy two blobs, overall 45th out of 85, a crappy day 2.. but hay ho, at least I'll have a massively improved list for BB3.

I'll leave the rest to post up there thoughts and comments

Fair play mate Smile im guessing the competition was pretty tough? What sort of lists won?
Hi all, not bale to post whilst there but back in one piece!

Game 1 - ETC England player Rob Madeley - cheesey Daemons. The scouring - my worst scenario with so few troops - lost 5-15

Game 2 - Daniel Eatch - Eldar - loads of Forge World. Relic. He had a unit of 10 Wraiths, farseer and Eldrad type forge world bloke (no idea - Xenos all look the same after 30 psy cannon hits!)
He commented 'Do you have much shooting?'
Turn 1 started and I gave my Pallies and Dread Knights scout. Three minutes later he didnt have any wraiths or far seers! 16-4

Game 3 - Dave Andrews - ETC Team England cheesey Necron with 18 wraiths. Kill points.
As Rob said, the bastion cost me the game as he hid his battered units behind it. Lost 5-15

Game 4 - Richard Gint - Grey Knight/Guard build - Dawn of war 5 objectives. Standard game - won 18-2

Game 5 - John Lane - Sisters/Guard - Big Guns never tire - won 18-2

Somehow I ended up 16th out of 84 - zikes! Well happy with that.

Will discuss good/bad units later maybe. It was great fun and a real challenge.

Winner was 18 Wraith Necron, as was third. Second was screamer/flamer frenzy Daemons.
(20-01-2013, 08:50 PM)The Count Wrote: Hi all, not bale to post whilst there but back in one piece!

Game 1 - ETC England player Rob Madeley - cheesey Daemons. The scouring - my worst scenario with so few troops - lost 5-15

Game 2 - Daniel Eatch - Eldar - loads of Forge World. Relic. He had a unit of 10 Wraiths, farseer and Eldrad type forge world bloke (no idea - Xenos all look the same after 30 psy cannon hits!)
He commented 'Do you have much shooting?'
Turn 1 started and I gave my Pallies and Dread Knights scout. Three minutes later he didnt have any wraiths or far seers! 16-4

Game 3 - Dave Andrews - ETC Team England cheesey Necron with 18 wraiths. Kill points.
As Rob said, the bastion cost me the game as he hid his battered units behind it. Lost 5-15

Game 4 - Richard Gint - Grey Knight/Guard build - Dawn of war 5 objectives. Standard game - won 18-2

Game 5 - John Lane - Sisters/Guard - Big Guns never tire - won 18-2

Somehow I ended up 16th out of 84 - zikes! Well happy with that.

Will discuss good/bad units later maybe. It was great fun and a real challenge.

Winner was 18 Wraith Necron, as was third. Second was screamer/flamer frenzy Daemons.

Result mate! Not bad at all Big Grin
Quote:at least I'll have a massively improved list for BB3.
This worries me!

Quote:Somehow I ended up 16th out of 84 - zikes! Well happy with that.
you should be, massive congratulations!!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Game 1 vs wolves, the nid player could not make it, was a near table in my farour 19-1 i think.

Game 2 vs. eldar dark eldar and won as help one primary objective more.

Game 3 Nidzilla and I recieved an education. 1-19 so down i tumbled.

Game 4 Orks and scarabs continue to give up first blood. I have a chance to take via a long shot. Placed to win rather than draw and lost big. haha that will teach me.

Game 5 Chaos. Typus was in a large blob of cultists I ignored. Nurge spawn and obliterators deep striking. I had a 2+ cover on all my aV13 wall due to flat out first turn and solar pulse but still managed to loss 2 vp to a long shot (first blood and heavy scoring/giving up vp's). Barges finally stopped spitting out 6's. They had been great all the other games.

My best units. Barges so cheap for what they do.
worst unit. Scarabs. Great at tying up units and scaring vehicles but too much torrent S6 kills em too quite. They gave up first blood 4 times. Flyrants with brain worms, dakka jets and the hell drakes flames all kills them with out an issue.

Lessons
Think about going first. I always went second previously. Even in purge the alien.
A chance of winning is all you need to win a game. (deep striking deathmarks for contesting does work)
Practice makes perfect. (I make so many mistakes!!!!)

I finished around 6th from the bottom out of 84. Similar to last time with two wins and 3 losses.
(20-01-2013, 11:14 PM)GoNecrons Wrote: Game 1 vs wolves, the nid player could not make it, was a near table in my farour 19-1 i think.

Game 2 vs. eldar dark eldar and won as help one primary objective more.

Game 3 Nidzilla and I recieved an education. 1-19 so down i tumbled.

Game 4 Orks and scarabs continue to give up first blood. I have a chance to take via a long shot. Placed to win rather than draw and lost big. haha that will teach me.

Game 5 Chaos. Typus was in a large blob of cultists I ignored. Nurge spawn and obliterators deep striking. I had a 2+ cover on all my aV13 wall due to flat out first turn and solar pulse but still managed to loss 2 vp to a long shot (first blood and heavy scoring/giving up vp's). Barges finally stopped spitting out 6's. They had been great all the other games.

My best units. Barges so cheap for what they do.
worst unit. Scarabs. Great at tying up units and scaring vehicles but too much torrent S6 kills em too quite. They gave up first blood 4 times. Flyrants with brain worms, dakka jets and the hell drakes flames all kills them with out an issue.

Lessons
Think about going first. I always went second previously. Even in purge the alien.
A chance of winning is all you need to win a game. (deep striking deathmarks for contesting does work)
Practice makes perfect. (I make so many mistakes!!!!)

I finished around 6th from the bottom out of 84. Similar to last time with two wins and 3 losses.

Sounds like you had some tough games mate! Bring on battlefield brum I say! Are you playing the campaign this week or u fancy a game?