Poll: Which paints do you regularly use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Games Workshop / Citadel
35.14%
13 35.14%
Privateer Press "P3"
2.70%
1 2.70%
Vallejo Game Color
16.22%
6 16.22%
Vallejo Model Color
16.22%
6 16.22%
Reaper Master Series
2.70%
1 2.70%
Army Painter
18.92%
7 18.92%
Foundry
2.70%
1 2.70%
Coat d'Arms
2.70%
1 2.70%
Other (please specify)
2.70%
1 2.70%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which paints do you use?
I use a mix of every thing! basically whatever I can get my hands on.

Yes Quick shade. I just dunked the whole mini in it. No messing about. Just do it outside!

I second halfords sprays. It takes longer to dry but much cheaper if you don't airbrush.
I only really use Vallejo Model Air paints - before joining the club I did alot of WWII model building which involved quite a bit of Air Brushing.

My 40k Catachans were done using about 95% Vallejo Model Air, and my Fow US Troops will most likely be done in 100% Vallejo products.

I also use the Vallejo Primer, Varnish, Airbrush Cleaner, Thinner, Pigments and Washes with no problems.

I have tried a few other products like GW, Humbrol, Tamiya, etc. but found that once I had worked out the quantities of paint to thinner, etc I was getting my best results with the Vallejo products.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(03-01-2013, 03:11 PM)wako13 Wrote: I only really use Vallejo Model Air paints - before joining the club I did alot of WWII model building which involved quite a bit of Air Brushing.

My 40k Catachans were done using about 95% Vallejo Model Air, and my Fow US Troops will most likely be done in 100% Vallejo products.

I also use the Vallejo Primer, Varnish, Airbrush Cleaner, Thinner, Pigments and Washes with no problems.

I have tried a few other products like GW, Humbrol, Tamiya, etc. but found that once I had worked out the quantities of paint to thinner, etc I was getting my best results with the Vallejo products.

I would like a look at what you have done and a chat so you can help my efforts.
Much obliged for the replies, I'll be looking to Vallejo for my next paints.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Halfords base then a mix of reeves acrylics and games workshop pots
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I use a lot of blue and red paint, and brown
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers