Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Ben (the new one) hobby log
Despite the silence, i promise painting is still continuing, after getting back from Istanbul on Friday (final work trip for a good two/three months now hopefully!) i've managed to nearly finish my last four Deathwing Knights, just the maces to go, get started on my tech marine and undercoat my Nephillim, two servitors and a Rhino that im going to turn into a whirlwind (when i can get the parts!). this will mean that i have painted virtually everything i have for my Dark angels force.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
to give myself a break from painting Power armour i've started on my nurgle force. its not going to be a big force, they're to be used as Allies for my Death guard when i get round to them.
heres their leader though, Urkle the Great Unclean one. (named by my Wife)

[Image: 8933574543_98ed968f59.jpg]
great unclean one by SimianSpy, on Flickr

I also built 24 Plague Bearers to bulk out the troops and attached wings to my Nurgle daemon prince who will be able to be used in either force.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
nice!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
ok, so here is an update of the original list which has actually got a little longer since the year started (oops). Having said that the end is in sight for the Dark angel force and i've started on the Nurgle and Death Guard force. I also now have one completely finished Necromunda Gang. i need a quick way to do the cultists so i may have to get some quickshade!

the backlog

Death Guard force 1500-1750 points
Typhus
Nurgle sorcerer (festus model) (done)
5 nurgle terminators
30 plague marines (1 test model done)
10 Havocs
3 mutilators (Done)
3 obliterators
2 chaos spawn
FW blight drone (Done)
30 cultists

Nurgle
Great Unclean One (Done)
20 Pleague bearers
3 beasts of nurgle

Necromunda
10 man orlock gang (3 Done, 7 to go)
10 man Redemptionist gang (Done)

Inquisition
1 inquisitorial chimera

Dark Angels
4 ravenwing (3 done)
9 tac marines (done)
4 heavy weapon marines (done)
all the HQ's from the Dark vengeance set (done)
Land speeder vengeance (done)
Dark shroud (done)
8 DW knights (done)
6 Black knights (done)
Asmodai
Dark Talon
Dark angel Vets - to be a command squad

Blood bowl
Entire 16 ?man? goblin team

Eldar
Illic
8 Harlequins
5 rangers (done)
5 Dark Reapers (done)
10 warp spiders (5 done)
20 Guardians (done)
2 platforms (done)
10 Dire avengers (done)
Fire Prism (done)
Wave serpent (done)
12 Scorpions (started)
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
there has been more progress on the hobbying side but now pictures and other overall thoughts on any aspect of tabletop gaming will be appearing on a blog i've set up with a bunch of mate. the Blog itself. Hooting into the Abyss

my first post on the painting side.

any comments/criticism on the site is welcomed!
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Let me introduce to you all to The Dictators.

Lead by High Priest Mao this friendly band will cleanse with healing fire the sins of the underhive.

Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Look like a friendly bunch...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
They preach love and tolerance....honest!

do you like fire?
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
quick update on my eldar force

Eldar
Illic
8 Harlequins
5 rangers (done)
5 Dark Reapers (done)
10 warp spiders (5 done)
20 Guardians (done)
2 platforms (done)
10 Dire avengers (done)
Fire Prism (done)
Wave serpent (done)
12 Scorpions (started)

that puts me on 104 models painted this year i think.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Right, since new years i have managed to build and paint the following. Pictures will follow:

Malifaux
The Judge
3 Death marshals
1 Miss Terious
Santiago Ortega
Nino Ortega

Assembled and not packed away for the move is the rest of the Ortegas, Lady J, the Scales, and the torch and blade box. should be enough to keep me going till after the house move.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss