Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So there is this back log......
Update ; Went to base some models I completed back in 2011. Looks like I missed some details, so there are 15 models to complete. However done 10, based them. Also based 5 others, and got their shields done. So I am now 16 models completed in 2013. Basing on Slamanders takes me to 18, bashing and shields on others takes me to 49. Looking good, and should be well on target for a model a day.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok so its been a few days since I did an update. I now stand at 63 completed models (well nearly completed,) for the year. Here is a big group shot.

[Image: 20130203193025.jpg]

Contains;

1 Slann
2 Salamanders (no herders)
16 Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes
44 Skinks with Javelins and Shields

Still to complete for the Skink units are 6 Kroxigor and 4 Command models. Then thats two units complete. Another 4 Skink Skirmishers gives me a total of two minimum units of those. So the army is taking shape. The shields will probably need to come off at some point, as I work out how to get them to rank up properly. The bases still need to get a little more attention, as I attach brass leaves, clump foliage and some of the GW tufts. However they are currently at a standard, which will let them pass at the SCGT, so doing any more work, whilst there are more urgent things to complete, is insane.

Below is a skin tone comparison shot. From L-R we have
Skink
Saurus
Kroxigor
Temple Guard
Chameleon Skink

[Image: 20130203193205ft.jpg]

The skin tone goes from a light green, mid-green then dark green, as the the troops get bigger. The Temple Guard are a green tinted white, to denote that they are a special spawning. The Chameleons will be blue/turquoise washed with green, to tint the colour, and tie it into the rest of the force.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Progress over past week.

Skink Command models painted. Need varnish, so that's coming over next few days, then getting them ready for basing.
20 Temple Guard have their flesh done. Red crests complete, next stage will be their scales.
6 Kroxigor are flesh and scales done. Flesh was done prior to the past week, so not huge movement on them. However now it's just smaller details, and I hope to have them be painted by the end of the day. Then it's varnish, and basing for completion.

Goals for week ending 17-2-13.
Assemble 3 Terradons.
Assemble 3 Terradon riders, Salamander Crew and 4 more blow pipe Skinks. Get undercoated, and flesh done.
Complete sans shields 20 Temple Guard. Get them ready for basing.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Hugely behind on weeks target. As such, I think the next week will be more of what I should have done in the past seven days. My goal is to have a 2400point army done by end of March with two weeks in April for trays, terrain and basing everything. Even losing a week, I can see that being done, as the 20 Temple Guard are a sizable chunk of the list, weighing in at 355 points.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Had some bad news from work. Over the next two weeks, I am being "asked" to open up, and stay until normal finish, which means 60 hour weeks. Now thats what I normally do, but its amazing how little painting I could fit in when I had the same thing last Summer, when I will be getting up at 2.30am.

Also failed to finish the Temple Guard, but I did get the metals varnished. Currently have 2 Temple Guard ready for basing and shields, and the other 18 with some quick tasks to complete.

SO targets for the upcoming fortnight.

Finish Temple Guard, and get the shields ready for attachment.
Do the basing on 20 Temple Guard, the 4 Skink Command Models, and 6 Kroxigor. That will take me to a year to date total of 93 models.
Work on the movement trays.

Basically what I intended to finish off by last week, and also all the menial tasks I had set aside for April.

After the TG are complete, I am looking at having to do, 4 more Skink Skirmshers, 3 Salamander herders, 5 Chameleon Skinks, 3 Terradons, 8 Cold One Cavalry, a Scar-Vet and a Skink Priest. Number wise its not too far from getting there, but spending 3 weeks on a unit, could cause problems.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
OK my army looks like this.

1 Slann - Painted / Based
1 Scar-Vet - Painted / Based
30 Skinks w/ Blow-Pipes - 30 Painted / 16 Based
48 Skinks w/ Javelin / Shield 6 Command - 48 Painted / 42 Based
6 Kroxigor - 6 Painted
20 Saurus Warriors - 20 Painted
3 Jungle Swarms - 3 Painted
5 Chameleon Skinks - 5 Painted / 5 Based
20 Temple-Guard - 20 Painted
3 Terradons - 3 Terradons Painted / 0 Riders started
1 Salamander - 2 Painted / 2 Based
3 Salamander Herders - 3 Painted
13 Movement Trays - 1 Complete

So apart from having 3 Riders to paint, which will take a few hours, most of my effort is now on Basing models and completing movement trays. Lets see how far along I am by next Sunday.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok all finished (bar attaching some grass tufts and clump foliage to movement trays.) Going to do some brass leaves to bases and trays at a later date. By count for year is 142, 141 of which are for the event this weekend.

I'm going to look forward to painting something other than Lizardmen. Next up is my Blood Bowl team, which annoyingly is Lizardmen.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Having packed a car for the journey today, I am left with the task of buying some wrapping paper for some gifts (nieces birthday) and managed to paint up Skinks 1 & 2 for the Blood Bowl team. Just a varnish and base to do on them, but for an hour or two, its acceptable.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok big update for you all, seeing as I never did it pre-SCGT.

Full Army arranged for the scale of my task to be viewed.

[Image: 20130411211459.jpg]

The head Frog

[Image: 20130411203612.jpg]

Scar-Vet with Great Weapon (or Halberd conversion)

[Image: 20130411203518.jpg]

30 Skink Skirmishers in 3 units of 10

[Image: 20130411205822.jpg]

48 Skinks and 6 Kroxigor in two equal sized units

[Image: 20130411211024.jpg]

20 Saurus Warriors with Hand Weapon and Shield

[Image: 20130411204023.jpg]

3 Jungle Swarms run in singles (these guys were amazing.)

[Image: 20130411203656.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
5 Chameleon Skinks (with Back2base-ix Forest bases, which were not as scary to paint as I anticipated.)

[Image: 20130411204159.jpg]

20 Temple Guard

[Image: 20130411210210.jpg]

and as they were all weekend with the Slann sat in his spot

[Image: 20130411210331.jpg]

3 Terradons, whose riders were painted less than 48 hours before the event.

[Image: 20130411203408.jpg]

Finally where I started, with one of the two Salamanders, this time with his Handlers

[Image: 20130411204100.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen