Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So there is this back log......
And I want to do something about it.

So my goal is to put in an hour a day minimum of painting, which is made possible due to the fact I am
1) Unmarried / single
2) Have no rug-rats
3) My hamster died years ago, and I have no other pets to take care of
4) Lack of other real life issues that means I have more disposable free time than most.

So for about a week now, I have been pulling out the paints, and working on my Lizards. So in the past week, I have completed the flesh on 48 Skinks, and 22 Saurus Warriors, as well as started work on 2 Salamanders and 6 Kroxigor. My overall goal, is to have a fully painted Lizardman army for around the end of April, and having gone into December with 16 Blow-pipe Skinks and a Stegadon without Howdah painted, this will take up most of my free time.

After that there are various other projects to complete, but with the new year just around the corner, I intend to work on a 365 model project. In other words, one model per day.Lets see if this forum thread can keep the momentum going.

The back-log looks like this -

WFB -
48 Skinks w/ Javlins
6 Kroxigor
20 Temple Guard
22 Saurus w/ HW
2 Salamaders and crew
1 Slann and Palanquin
10 Chameleon Skinks
Howdah for a painted Stegadon
to assemble
Blowpipe Skinks
Saurus w/ Spears
More Stegadons
Cold One Knights
to buy
Even more Skinks
Second Slann
Terradons

40GAY -
Lots of Dark Eldar

Horus Heresy -
Crack on with the SoH

Malifaux -
Lots of Crews

Warmahordes -
More Legion
Restart Cryx

Relics -
Meet Stuarts Bretanians with my own Puppets

Relic Knights -
Loads when they come through

Puppet Wars -
Finish off the metals

Kings of War -
Gobbos a plenty

Saga -
Get the Welsh done
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ok so day one into a new year, and things did not entirely go to plan. After an hour of work on a Slann, the paint refused to take. The undercoat was to thick, and I was having huge issues with the rest of it. So I then spent a further hour stripping it of most of the paint, before placing it in a dettol bath for the night. Scrub and start again tomorrow I expect.

However I have completed two Salamanders.

[Image: img0184pjw.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Thats quite a back log, very happy its not just me that has this problem.

Salamanders look good.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Ok so the past two days I have been finishing off details on 12 of the Skinks. Still need to do the Shields, but those will be done once all 48 are complete.

12 Models including the Command for both Skrox units. Shields to follow, as they will be painted attached to the Sprue.

[Image: 20130103211601.jpg]

Here you can see I even managed to get the eyes done.

[Image: 20130103211854.jpg]

Next task is work on another twelve, whilst making progress on one Kroxigor, and painting an Orange Slann.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
So at 8pm tonight, the Bad Dice podcast did the UK Fantasy Masters draw, and streamed it live. I had a vested interest this year, as a very good friend of mine, who started attending tournaments only in April 2012, finished as UK number 4. Dan Thomas might be a name some people find familiar, as he is a Redditch lad, and used to work at the Unicorn Hill store weekends for a while.

Anyway apart from hearing Dan get a tough Round 1 draw, the rest of the 2 hours, was spent doing some more painting.

So this is what I achieved.

[Image: 20130103225213.jpg]

Still need to do all the pendent and stuff, but over all after the disaster of a few nights ago, I am really happy with the skin. It is far more Orange than the photo appears.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Finished the Frog, gave it and the Salamanders two coats of gloss and two of matte varnish. Done six more skinks to a similar standard, leaving me 30 more before the shields step.

However I am now out of episodes of Once Upon a Time. Need series on DVDs to watch seeing as most are BR and that's sat behind me, when I'm painting. Ideas please folks.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Nearly finished the Slann off. Well the Palanquin anyway. Just the bone spikes to do, and Varnish and thats another thing off the list. Shame I cannot take him in the RWS500 Wink

[Image: 20130104235143.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Slaan looks good! I'd recommend: homeland, game of thrones,the inbetweeners, firefly, terminator chronicles, sharpe or band of brothers, although you've probably watched most or all of them.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(05-01-2013, 02:22 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'd recommend: homeland, game of thrones,the inbetweeners, firefly, terminator chronicles, sharpe or band of brothers, although you've probably watched most or all of them.

Those and The Wire, 24, Falling Skies, Space Above and Beyond (oldie but goldie), The Walking Dead, Dollhouse and even Tru Calling in the event you haven't seen any of them.

And if you're not watching them at the moment then Arrow and Last Resort are worth catching up with when they make it on to DVD.

Breaking Bad is also apparently very good, although I haven't seen it myself yet.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
24 could be a good call. My Bro has most of the series, but I only got as far as season 2 (was that the one with the Nuke?) I still have to get to Season 5 of Chuck, and to be honest Yvonne Strahovski is tasty, but could she be too off putting?

Issue I have is I have to use a DVD, seeing as its being played through the Mac, rather than TV, due to the position on my painting station. I have Grimm s1, but on Blu-Ray. However after a month away from doing a post round, I might need to prioritise some audio books and podcasts.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen