Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Embolden's Hobby Blog (BIG UPDATE PAGE3)
Photo 
Firstly, great idea Stu!

As for myself, I've painted the Blob and finished them, (55 Guardsman), a Veteran squad including a heavy weapon, but I have plenty to paint/make

Assembled and Basecoated but not painted or no paint on them at all:
2 Vendettas, Company Command squad, Lord Commissar and 25 Marines

Unassembled:
1 Vendetta and 3 Hyperios Defence Missiles

Plenty to do before January the 19th!

So this morning I took advantage of the dog getting me up at 6am and I started making my 3 scratch build Hyperios Defence Missiles.

I couldn't justify spending £70 on 3 FW models, that might be banned from the tournament scene anyway. So a scratch was the only way for me to go, so a quick scratch of the head and a quick ebay search got me 4 Typhoon Missile launchers for £10 with free delivery and with some bits I have lying around, wolla, 3 Hyperios Defence Missiles:

Basically they're pretty simple to make and to me, they do the job just fine!

[Image: IMG_3506_zpsf855a2af.jpg]

And the 3:

[Image: IMG_3507_zps30cad772.jpg]

They still need a little sanding down in places, but at least they're 95% built! Big Grin

looking good Rob!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(30-12-2012, 01:07 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: looking good Rob!

Cheers Chris Big Grin - Hope santa was kind this year!

Group shot:

[Image: IMG_3525_zpsfe7ca0f1.jpg]

Plus:

1 Vendetta

[Image: IMG_3526_zpsc02a8b61.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3528_zpsd381656d.jpg]

What does the Hyperios Defence Missiles do? I saw 6-9 on a table once. He won the comp btw.
They are a Bs3, T6, 2W, 3+ Save Interceptor, Skyfire, Missile Launcher for 35pts each, as a fast attack choice for basically every Marine type, oh and they come in squads of 1-4.

I just looked these up. They are the answer to the flyer problems people are having. Str8, twin linked vs. flyers and skimmers (heat seek) with sky fire and interceptor.

It is stripping two hull points off AV11-12 flyers in the turn they turn up. We will be seeing more of these for sure.

If I brought Grey Knight allies I could bring 4 and grant them tank hunters too! Holy cow.
They're nasty for sure, although I deployed mine wrong in game 1 and in game 2 the Necron player passed 3 Junk saves lol, so they're still yet to shoot down a flyer for me. :p

Nasty combo! I don't really want to face a Fire Dragon exarch with Quadgun either tbh, they really make a mess of a flyer per turn...

They will, mathhammer says so. Smile